J

jsteinb95

Nice set up botch....but please tell me that is NOT a pic of "J-Lo" :eyebrow:

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't play guitar.. I commit guitar... been trying to get good at it for years, still suck! But still enjoy the hell out of it:rockon:

I've got the custom Carvin, plus a cheap Peavy EXP Signature, a Line 6 POD XT, and an SX300 Carvin Amp.

J

jsteinb95

Oh yeah....I have a guitar. I started taking lessons when I was 15, I learned stairway to heaven (like everybody else).... it was hard for the teacher to teach me because I'm a lefty. :confused: I had a few lessons until my mom decided to buy herself a guitar and she couldn't afford lessons for both of us, so she stopped taking me and she started going......Biotch!!!! I would've been freaking bad a$$ by now......I'm gonna have inkrediboy teach me! You hear that, Ryan???? I'll teach you how to read music if you teach me how to tear it up on the guitar. :rockon:

Hollow

Happy Thankful Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Keyboards: Kurzweil PC-88MX, YAMAHA EX-5, Nord Electro, Nord Lead, YAMAHA DX-7 (obviously retired)
Rackmount synths: YAMAHA TG-77, Oberheim Matrix, E-mu Proteus 1000
Saxes: Jupiter Artist Tenor, WWBW soprano
Fiddles: an old German copy that my great-grandfather owned (retired now) (the fiddle, not the grandfather), and a solidbody electric that I use with wireless transmitter.
Other: Samick mandolin, Hohner harmonicas, LP percussion toys.

My home studio:
Studio1.jpg

I've played live most of my adult life, the high point of my last band Puddlestone was playing two shows for the 2002 Winter Olympics! We broke up when our bass player moved away too, like D-rock (dude, you guys KICK! :rockon:) Wish Puddlestone's website was still up, I don't think I even have any video of us from that... :(
:D:jawdrop::hug::blowkiss::liar::drool::) I don't like her music but man.

BastardWaif

Ensure you are insured!
Reaction score
www.cambrianguitars.com
This is my kind of thread :) Music making is big in my life. I have a very nice home studio where I play keyboards (mainly), guitars (learning) and drums (learning), and record my own compositions (when I get time!). Here's a set of photos scanning my studio room - these are a bit old now - I've changed things around a bit since these, but it'll give you an idea:

Studio.jpg

My chosen artiste name is Jardini .

My second love is woodworking. About a year ago I decided to combine woodworking with music and started to learn how to make steel string guitars. My avatar is a photo of one that I made recently (an OM). I call myself Cambrian Guitars.

Hey Botch - are you the Botch from the Keyboard Magazine forum? You have to be, right? I call myself Dave The Rave over there. I just bought an FZ6 and signed on this forum a week ago!! Small world! I haven't been very active on the Keyboard Magazine forum lately - been too busy working on my lutherie skills!

Cheers for now,
Dave

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
After seeing all that I kinda hide in the corner as I tell yall that I play Trombone.

I have been borrowing Nice F-Attachment horns for the past few years, but I have my own basic horn back home.

Started playing in middle school, then get very involved in Marching band and wind ensemble in highschool. Now I just play for fun twice a week here at UNCC.

-bryan

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice set up botch....but please tell me that is NOT a pic of \"J-Lo\" :eyebrow:
I'm on a music forum where Bruce Swieden posts occasionally, he's this minor hack engineer who's recorded guys like Duke Ellington, Miles, Michael Jackson's Thriller, buncha minor stuff. He posted about some great things he did on J-Lo's recent album, so I picked it up to give it a listen, they just happened to be giving out small posters with each CD purchase that day.
I gave the CD away, and I'm surely going to give away the J-Lo poster as soon as I can find another poster that fits that space on my wall.
No, REALLY! :Flip: ;) :D

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My second love is woodworking. About a year ago I decided to combine woodworking with music and started to learn how to make steel string guitars. My avatar is a photo of one that I made recently (an OM). I call myself Cambrian Guitars.

Hey Botch - are you the Botch from the Keyboard Magazine forum? You have to be, right? I call myself Dave The Rave over there. I just bought an FZ6 and signed on this forum a week ago!! Small world! I haven't been very active on the Keyboard Magazine forum lately - been too busy working on my lutherie skills!

Cheers for now,
Dave
Dave, you Bastard Waif! Yeah, it IS a small world, isn't it! :thumbup:
I haven't been hanging at Keyboard Corner much either, since the band broke up; I need to poke my head in there once in awhile.
So you're in SoCal? I think we need to plan a trip next spring/summer, and get together. Congrats on that beautiful guitar you made (your studio is Max, too! :thumbup:)

J

jsteinb95

Oh...here's my piano. It's not a Yamaha (sorry guys)....actually I don't even know the make of it :eek: All I know is I paid $3,000 for it, brand new. :D

I

inkrediboy

sorry...forgot to add them....look again

Hey J - how does that one sound - probably perfectly in tune huh? Looks very nice in the picture. That's awesome that you have one at your
Dad's and your own.

J

jsteinb95

Hey J - how does that one sound - probably perfectly in tune huh? Looks very nice in the picture. That's awesome that you have one at your
Dad's and your own.

It sounds really good, but there is something wrong with it and nobody will drive out to hell to fix it for me.....so, that's one of the first things I'm gonna do after I move, is get it fixed! It bugs the sh*t outta me.

I

inkrediboy

It sounds really good, but there is something wrong with it and nobody will drive out to hell to fix it for me.....so, that's one of the first things I'm gonna do after I move, is get it fixed! It bugs the sh*t outta me.

can't wait to try that sucka out after its fixed. Looks solid.

J

jsteinb95

can't wait to try that sucka out after its fixed. Looks solid.

Well....it can still be played, but for some reason, when you play certain keys (with the sustain pedal), it doesn't sustain. It's really muted.....I tried playing around with the cables for the pedal, but nothin! Danny tried bending the hammers!!!!!! :eek: I said...."Dude, back the F*k away from my piano".....so, there it sits. I love the way it sounds though....and the keys feel so much better than the piano at my dad's.