You ever catch a wasp in your jacket on the highway??

oogie

Reaction score
Visit site
Many years ago I was riding with a 3/4 helmet and a pair of goggles on that had interchangeable lenses(Clear,tint) that snapped in, on a back road doing about 65-70 when a big bug of some kind appeared in my field of vision about a millisecond before it hit me squarely between the eyes. The goggle lens split in half and flew off in the air, both eyes were filled with bug guts, I had to panic-brake while blindly feeling for the shoulder of the road with my right foot. Dropped the bike and managed to find a mudhole with enough water to rinse my eyes. Got the bike back up on the road and rode home, barely able to see from my swollen and burning eyes....can only imagine what that looked like to the cars I was meeting.

Adrenaline Junkie

Reaction score
Visit site
hahaha I'm happy there are so many riders out there that have experienced my pain! Ha just kidding, but I'm glad to hear all of you have been stung and made it out safely.

PY07FZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Out for a ride this afternoon and I was going about 35 km/h, having just started to accelerate away for a stoplight. The visor was up on the full face cause it's been a hot day. Some how a bee manages to hit me right where my right eyebrow/ fore head meet the padding for the helmet and gets stuck in between and it's still moving. I just 'bout freaked out!! Pulled the bike over and got the helmet off so fast!

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
LOL all great stories. Any of you guys seen those giant spider crickets that are in your basement? Well...I live in my basement and keep my gear down on the floor next to my desk. I was going out for a spirited run with some friends and was beginning to throw on my gear. I grab my boots and one of them giant things jumps out at me and freaks me out. I shook my other boot and made sure nothing was in them before putting them on *whew*. I was all geared up and we were on our way and I was peachy, all until about halfway through the ride when I saw another GIANT FREAKIN ALIEN LOOKING MONSTER on the INSIDE of my visor. OMG! OMG! OMG!!! I did an emergency stop and took off my helmet so fast! My buddies were dying laughing at me. Only thing I could think of how I didnt notice it before was that there are vents and openings within the padding and he must have been waiting for the most opportune time to make me wet myself.

48635264.CamelCricket100.jpg

He looked that big too.

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Funny, I just got one up my right arm yesterday. Didn't know what it was, so I slapped at my arm while riding. :eek: OWWWW.
Puller over, took jacket off , and a dead bee fell out.

A few months ago I had a big bug of some kind fly up into my helmet on the highway. Scared the crap out of me. I closed my eyes, flipped the visor up for a second, closed it and it was gone.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
am i the only one thinking of the poor wasps?

RIP brave wasps. you died heroes among your kind. Attacking those evil motorcyclists that have killed oh so many of your kinsmen.

:)

Myself, I once took a wasp that somehow picked off an air vent in my shoulder at 180kph.....it exploded i think because there was nothing left of it. but it did sting like i got hit by a rock. It could have been a large fly or bee as well, but im not sure.

Cmayer31

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Visit site
:eek: I would be dead. And not from the motorcycle. After Rob's weekend experience I'm thinking I need to keep an epipen in my jacket pocket.

If you have a sever allergy then keep you epipen on you at all times and make sure that your riding partners, if/when you ride in a group, know where it is. One of the guys in our dual sport club makes it clear at every ride that he is severely allergic and shows us which pocket of his flight vest has the pen. It really is that important :thumbup:.

I normally have my Shoei shield cracks a tiny bit unless at I'm freeway speeds, and the other day I took a bee right into the crack of the shield. I got lucky because he hit me head on, so I had the head of the bee sticking halfway in the helmet and the busines end hanging outside the shield :eek:.

tonup

Reaction score
Visit site
i've never had one in my jacket had a few of em in my helmet while riding with my visor open luckily never got stung last summer i was out for a little ride through the mountains on a windy day and for some reason i didnt have my jacket on. about halfway through my ride i was coming through a turn with kinda low tree branch in it and as the wind picked up i got hit with quite a few locusts man did that ever sting i wasnt even flying prolly doing around 50mph