Yet another R6 fork mod

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I was suppose to do this mod earlier this year, but backed out. Tonight I sent in a offer on these forks and he accepted so I guess I have to do the mod now.:D I'll post up pics and details when they arrive.

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Did you ask about the location of that dent? I would hope that it's pretty high up on the fork as opposed to down in the main part of the travel. It looks pretty small but still...

What year is your bike? If you're on a '06 or earlier, contact dako81 for the fender brackets. If you're on an '07 or newer, you can buy the set of ryank brackets that I bought but couldn't use...

(pm me if you're interested. sorry for the spam)

colobb

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm also about to do this.
Are we supposed to use the caliper mounting bolts from the FZ or the R6? I am almost certain none came with the R6 forks/calipers that I bought.

Cheers.

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not changing my calipers so I didn't research that. Chris probably is so he might know the answer.

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm also about to do this.
Are we supposed to use the caliper mounting bolts from the FZ or the R6? I am almost certain none came with the R6 forks/calipers that I bought.

Cheers.

The FZ6 ones can be used, they are essentially the same but the R6 ones are machined to be lighter. I did purchase the R6 ones mainly because I had to purchase axle pinch bolts for the forks.

colobb

Reaction score
Visit site
The FZ6 ones can be used, they are essentially the same but the R6 ones are machined to be lighter. I did purchase the R6 ones mainly because I had to purchase axle pinch bolts for the forks.

They are the same size though, correct? I should probably double check that the pinch botls are there... 99.99999999999999999% sure they are.
Cheers.:thumbup:

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Part numbers one and two have arrived.

McMASTER-CARR
Part number 93475A280 pack of 50 spacres for the calipers $4.07
Part number 93126A797 pack of 5 wheel spacers $8.55

gearheadstu

Reaction score
Visit site
Dang, knew I shouldn't have pulled the trigger on my McMaster order last night! Could've bought some of the extras from you.

I picked up my forks for not much more than a song on Sunday. Shims will arrive soon. Haven't bought an axle nor brake lines yet. I'm aiming to be done ...sometime in 2009.

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Dang, knew I shouldn't have pulled the trigger on my McMaster order last night! Could've bought some of the extras from you.

I picked up my forks for not much more than a song on Sunday. Shims will arrive soon. Haven't bought an axle nor brake lines yet. I'm aiming to be done ...sometime in 2009.

I have everything on order, and waiting on them to arrive one by one.:D

Spacers-Here
Axle-Waiting
Forks-Waiting
RyanK mounts-Waiting

I'll update with prices and photos as the parts arrive.

Last edited:

Will i am

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm trying to gather up all the parts for this mod as well. The forks arrived yesterday, and I'm going to order the spacers tomorrow. Fender brackets seem hard to come by, so those might have to get rigged up somehow.

According to my research you're supposed to use the R6 axle and nut. Does anyone know how the R6 axle and nut differ from those on the FZ6? The R6 parts were supposed to be included with the forks I ordered, but mysteriously never made it here.

I've been thinking about this upgrade for a while, and now I'm finally getting it done. It seems like alot of us are doing this at the same time. Last one to finish their mod is a rotten egg. :tard:

Last edited: