Yellow and Purple, or I love it when a plan come together.

W

wrightme43

Now with Photos!

Ok Murdock, Face, Mr. T and I have been working on a plan.
I wanted to make my bike more noticable to oncoming traffic with out BLINDING them.

I did the dual headlamp mod, I added orange LEDs in the pod light area around the headlamps.

I added silverstar bulbs.

Now what I wanted was one blue/purple light in the H4 slot, and one very Yellow bulb in the H7 slot. I figured this would look different enough to attract attention and hopefully help keep me visable. (Murdock wants the helmet Mohawk, but I just cant sport that.)

So here is what I have done.
Today I installed a PIAA super white plus bulb in the H4. It is very bright blue/white on low, and very very bright blue/purple on high.
I have coming a set of two H7 Noyka extreme Yellow bulbs.
Yellow Motorcycle Light Bulbs - webBikeWorld

Reviewed above.
I will post photos when they come in and yellow one is installed.
I have 18$ in the set. If anyone else thinks this a good idea, I will ship the bulb to you in the lower 48 for 11$ US.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are the photos. Low beams on has the pod light iluminated. High beams shuts them off. Its kind of nice. If I really want attention the can flash on and off with the high beam.

The photo does not show just how yellow, and just how blue/purple the light is.

Here are the photos. Low beams on has the pod light iluminated. High beams shuts them off. Its kind of nice. If I really want attention the can flash on and off with the high beam.

The photo does not show just how yellow, and just how blue/purple the light is.

Looks very nice!

Any chance of getting a better picture to show a more true color ?

Ben

very nice, looks a little like mine, but i am sure with actual colored bulbs it is much more drastic of a color change.

Oh and the PIAA bulb is just crazy bright.
I will try to take a night time picture out where it gets good and dark.

The yellow bulb burned out yesterday. Almost one year, over 12,000 miles of constant operation.

Installed second nokya yellow bulb at 26,540 miles on 3-23-09

I just did that to my FZ6 and it looks pretty cool. I tried to get pictures with my phone camera but you really can't tell that well. I will try and take some after work with my Nikon camera. That yellow is bright. I'm curious what it looks like when it's really dark out at night. I will let you know. You can't beat the price. 1/3 of the PIAA's. I have always liked the PIAA's but these yellow ones are cool. I think this will make me much more noticed out on the road. :thumbup: :rockon:

I am pretty happy with my super white/bluish 80-85W bulbs from ebay. Got two H4/H7 pairs for $18 shipped. I was disappointed with the silverstars ultra as later they became same as normal stock lights.

Back