Yeah that's right, the FZ1N conversion is where it's at.

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
So I'm going for a little ride up the coast here and before I leave I stop in west vancouver for some gas. (West van is kinda like the Beverly Hills of Vancouver) As I pull in I see this big guy watch me as he is pumping gas. I keep my helmet on and look over and guess who? Former Canucks D man and current Tampa Bay lightning Mattias Ohlund. I don't make a big deal and do my thing. He was with his kids so I didn't want to bug him but I thought it was cool.

Since he's from Sweden I'd say seeing my bike, since there is nothing like it around, reminds him of all the FZ6N's he must see back home or he thought my bike was just fricken cool. Since my bike looks and sounds quite a bit different, I'm going with the latter :rockon:

fz6Soldier

Reaction score
Visit site
A lot of us Americans here have know idea who those people are. Hockey is a lot more popular in Canada. They are Hockey players, right?

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I barely watch hockey, but even I know who that is. VERY COOL to see him out and about and cool of you not to bother him. That's awesome that he was checking out your bike, too! :thumbup:

blkparade

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the sighting. Very cool on your reaction also. Hockey season can't start soon enough. I was lucky enough to meet Brian Gionta (New Jersey Devils, but just signed with the Canadiens). He was so cool he took the time to play some table hockey with my son and sign hockey jersey. i think most Hockey players are more personable than other major sport athletes. Sorry all, Hockey is like a disease. Kinda like riding our FZ6's

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
Mattias Ohlund is just your journeyman defenseman in the NHL. When in his prime, he was one of the best.

Hockey players are very down to earth. A friend of mine saw Cloutier when he played here at McD's after a night DT and he signed a bunch of stuff. Since most NHLers are like blue collar guys you see them in average places a lot. There are two bar/clubs that are not fancy at all here in Vancouver that they go a lot. Opposing teams love the Roxy and also I see a few of the Nucks in a place called El Furniture Warehouse.

I saw Alexandre Burrows in the Warehouse a couple years back after they stomped Montreal 6-0. We were standing there and this guy in a Montreal jersey walks by. I looked at him and pointed and we laughed and then we talked about how they played. Most are super cool.

I just posted it cause it's neat to see someone that can have almost anything they want in the world look at what you have as nice. :cheer: