Yamaha VMAX

Tremulant

It's not over...
Reaction score
Visit site
2010 Yamaha VMAX Home, information, info

Have you guys seen this thing? I got an email from Yamaha about it and I was appalled at it's appearance. Not sure what look they were going for, but it looks terrible IMHO.

10ST_VMax_red_S3_f3bdd145.jpg

Maybe it looks better in person, but I just can't wrap my brain around the motif for this thing.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
They re-designed the VMAX recently and I understand they wanted everything to be new and modern while keeping the classic VMAX look... I think they succeeded... the VMAX was never good looking to me either though...

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
The redesign has been out since last year I kind of like it, but I've yet to see one in person. Also with that price tag forget about it.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You need to see and hear this in the flesh because it is very impressive. It is just a power monster and it is made to look like one. Very well designed and finished though.
You cannot just look at photos and judge, because like lots of bikes when you see them in real life they look nothing like the picture.
I have seen a few of the new VMAX and they have all been in black/grey. A red one looks awful.....on paper.

Steve

Aleziel

Reaction score
Visit site
ive seen a couple around my city, they are huge and give the impression of very low bikes, in my opinion bikes are all about performance and sleek design, and the vmax is neither.. its heavy and it gets its a$$ whipped by any crotch rocket half its displacement.

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ive seen a couple around my city, they are huge and give the impression of very low bikes, in my opinion bikes are all about performance and sleek design, and the vmax is neither.. its heavy and it gets its a$$ whipped by any crotch rocket half its displacement.

Gets whipped by 'rockets? The Vmax has close to 200 hp? The only other big power power bikes are the Haybusa/B King from Suzuki. Granted it may not handle like a R6, but I would not under estimate one. With a good rider they are very capable bikes. I think Cycle World got a 1/4 mile of 9.51 at 150 mph. A factory built drag bike.:D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
These things are awesome in a straight line....NOTHING beats them! there was a comparo between the new V Max and the Suzuki B-King....and in terms of acceleration, the V-max left the B-King standing still..

Handle like poop though!

:rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Theyre packed with torque and a hideous price tag, £16,000 or somewhere close to it.

And they are also a limited run as well, in terms of numbers being made...so am guessing down the road a few years, good examples will fetch good dollars.

I personally think they are vulgar...deliciously vulgar...not that i would ride one, but i think they are excess for excess sake...nothing wrong with that in a pretty bloody PC world we live in these days.

:rockon:

vrsbrazil

Reaction score
twitter.com
2010 Yamaha VMAX Home, information, info

Have you guys seen this thing? I got an email from Yamaha about it and I was appalled at it's appearance. Not sure what look they were going for, but it looks terrible IMHO.

10ST_VMax_red_S3_f3bdd145.jpg

Maybe it looks better in person, but I just can't wrap my brain around the motif for this thing.

Well, it like it... :(

Aleziel

Reaction score
Visit site
Gets whipped by 'rockets? The Vmax has close to 200 hp? The only other big power power bikes are the Haybusa/B King from Suzuki. Granted it may not handle like a R6, but I would not under estimate one. With a good rider they are very capable bikes. I think Cycle World got a 1/4 mile of 9.51 at 150 mph. A factory built drag bike.:D

this bike weighs 310KGS! which means its hardly top grade power for its weight
Vmax: 200HP/310kgs 0,64Hp/Kg
Bking: 165/235kg 0,70Hp/Kg
YamahaR1 180HP/206Kgs 0,87HP/kg

does it have massive torque? definitely but we dont really measure bike excelence by the fact that they can start from their 4th gear, do we?

it has an electronic top speed of 220Km/h (even the humble Fz6 will overtake it after a km of highway)

im pretty sure its going to be abitch stopping 310kgs, not mentioning its handling.

so no, i dont think its a big deal, its a bike built on wrong principles.

Speedygonzales

Reaction score
Visit site
Off the line it beats every crotch rocked ... period ...

Why would that be ... mhhh ... no front wheel lift, no need to use the rear brake on full acc ... DUH :cheer::D:D:D

It rides a lot better then it looks ... Yamaha did a good job.
But I would never ever buy one ...

vdbergj1

Manna
Reaction score
Visit site
I love them, will never buy one.
You can't compare it to super bikes :eek:
Its a type of drag bike built for awesome acceleration. The red just looks bad.
I heard of one in South Africa with a supercharger,:jawdrop: WTF!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

That's a V-4! It's no slouch in the torque and horsepower depts. It will "Walk the dog!" Maybe when I can't hang off anymore but then those Ugzausts have to go...
What is it about most of the factory exhausts? Just about all of them are UGLY! Look at a Bee King. Gawd! that's an Ugly exhaust!
Interestingly the FZ6 has a decent looking factory exhaust.

Cliff