Yamaha Track Day $75 & Lunch!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Saw this posted up on the local forum here in Vegas.

On Monday, June 7th TrackDaz is hosting our 3rd Annual Yamaha Owners TrackDaz at Willow Springs!

What that means to you guys is just by owning/riding a Yamaha, you get to ride the track for the low price of $75! Not only that, but Yamaha is awesome enough to pick up the tab on a catered lunch!

Only Yamaha riders are allowed, so sorry for those of you on "Other Crap"

There's also going to be crazy raffle prizes, free RockStar drinks for all, and a ridiculous amount of track time!

Pirelli Tire Services
CaliPhotography
Catalyst Reaction Suspension
AMB Laptiming

Nothing but good times with a bunch of friends on Yamaha's!

Hopefully we'll see you there!

sjryser

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Do they rent track suits...and do we have to take the academy class first...I've never been to a track day.:ban:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You're going Kenny???

Well that depends:

I would have to get the day off since it's a Monday.

I would not go alone, being I've never done a track day.

What kind of track experience do I need to have? Which leads to my next question, prepping the bike? No experience there too, and again, my bike is my only ride so I would have to ride it somewhere and get it prepped.

Gear: Wonder what exactly do I need, full leather or two piece that connects?

I know there are lists posted for gear and how to's to prep your bike on this forum, but each track has different requirements, I think?

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
hmmm... doing a track day far from home on your only ride is really not recommended... you CAN do it, but it'll be a major logistical nightmare (not even considering the risk to lay it down and not be able to ride home...).

If I were you I'd do your first track day in Vegas and see how it goes... join the beginner group and ride your ride... anyone can do a trackday, no matter the skill level (min is to be comfortable braking and switching gears etc).

Bike prep isn't a big deal... gear = FULL 1 piece leather (or zipped together jacket/pants) + gauntlet gloves + boots + full helmet.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Kenny, as David stated you really need a way to haul your bike to the track. Spills to happen, chances are they won't, but if they do you need a way to get home safely. After a day at the track you're shot anyway, physically and mentally. Sometimes I think my brain has worked harder than my body.

I've heard the track in VL is very, very good; I'm sure they have a school there.

marke14

running on empty
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
TrackDaz has done this cheap Yamaha owner's day before. Yes, it is very cheap. Too bad my track bike's a Kawi. lol

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
One thing great about forums is that if you're around one for a while, you get to know who you can trust as far as credibiltiy and for just smart darn good advice without even meeting anyone face to face.

Even though I have met and ridden with David several times, it doesn't really have to be that way as in Pete's case, as I have never met him.

Thanks for the advice from the both of you. Yes, as my bike is my only ride, it really wouldn't be a great idea just in case something didn't work out as planned at the track or on the way home. Time is something that I do have, I can wait.

On that note, this was post # 3000!

trackpimp

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for your interest in this day. There is still room available in both C and A groups for that day. B group is already sold out.

I'll answer the few questions I saw on here.

1. Anyone can come regardless of skill. If you've never been to the track before, we'll put you through a bit of New Rider Orientation. Its a good time for sure.

2. Sorry, We don't cover your travel expenses.. But Yamaha, in addition to subsidizing the event to make it so in expensive, also picks up the tab on your lunch

Hope to see you guys there. If you do make it, be sure to introduce yourself.:thumbup:

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow...I missed this one. I would have offered a room to Vegas. And maybe even a tow if I could get the day off. It's only about ~30 miles from my place.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for your interest in this day. There is still room available in both C and A groups for that day. B group is already sold out.

I'll answer the few questions I saw on here.

1. Anyone can come regardless of skill. If you've never been to the track before, we'll put you through a bit of New Rider Orientation. Its a good time for sure.

2. Sorry, We don't cover your travel expenses.. But Yamaha, in addition to subsidizing the event to make it so in expensive, also picks up the tab on your lunch

Hope to see you guys there. If you do make it, be sure to introduce yourself.:thumbup:

Thanks for joining the forum to add these details!

May I get a special authorization to join group A with my gixxer? :D :ban: