Yamaha to ditch FZ6 for FZ8?

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I reckoin with a full house motor, gobs more torque, and some decent fully adjustable suspenders..it would be a flipping weapon in the twisties! :rockon:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
fz8-forum.com!! lol I cant handle any more....

Looks like a nice bike.. Maybe I should hold off on a FZ1 that I have been pinning about...

Go the FZ1...lol...Me too:thumbup:.

Looks like a downsized FZ1 to me. I think I'd just spring for the 1000 and call it a day.

As a step up from the FZ6, I reckon I'd also just make the jump to the FZ1 and be done with it. I'm pretty sure that in the right hands an FZ1 is going to be a pretty much psycho ride in the twisties:rockon::rockon::rockon:.

As for fazing (sorry) out the FZ6, I think that a lot of the people who are looking to return to riding after a hiatus will be looking at 600's, but not one like the XJ6 ( no way I would have).

Still, I reckon this move will gain them market share, so it's probably a pretty good move.

Cheers
Mike

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
At least the B-king would more closely resemble the FZ6 with the undertail exhaust.:D

Yes... its time for Yamaha to completely get away from side pipes. The under tail or under bike exhausts looks so much cleaner and refined and I am guessing there is a better center of gravity as well.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i lookd and looked online this morning at all the different bikes.. settled between a sv650, street triple r, or a 650r.. after reading all sorts of reviews on them all, i really wish they would come out with a fz8 or fz750... something with a bit more power than my fz6 and with adjustable suspension.. oh and better brakes.. thats all im asking for yamaha

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i lookd and looked online this morning at all the different bikes.. settled between a sv650, street triple r, or a 650r.. after reading all sorts of reviews on them all, i really wish they would come out with a fz8 or fz750... something with a bit more power than my fz6 and with adjustable suspension.. oh and better brakes.. thats all im asking for yamaha

+1 to that...would save me lots of coin on mods!

:eek:

zamolxes

Reaction score
Visit site
and one more pic server hot:

0409096.jpg

StratLC

Reaction score
Visit site
I've noticed they already dropped the FZ6 from the 2010 America lineup. I think it would be a good move for Yamaha. But I hope they keep the semi comfortable seat, but offer possibly a sport touring trunk a wife could use for a backrest. I don't want to go to the heavy FJR around town just yet. Plus, the Yamaha sport lineup bikes are great in the twisties and loads of fun.

Anyone ridden a fairly new FZ1 lately? I wonder how comfortable it is on longer rides compared to an 08 FZ6?

StratLC

Iethius

Who?
Reaction score
Visit site
That exhaust looks monstrous.
Don't like it, I thought the underseat exhaust was progressive, why go backwards?

Last edited:

b.oryan

Reaction score
Visit site
The seat looks really nice. I wish there was something like that for the FZ6. But as far as the naked look...I would have bought a naked bike if I wanted one. But I didn't. So it looks like I'm getting a FZ1 if/when I upgrade.

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
FZ6N's are naked in alot of places (I realise America doesn't get them). They are the only real competition for Street Triples and its a very popular bracket.

That MT-03 looks like something a chopper designer made, ie horrible. It would probably be good for scaring woman, small children and people with taste. (my 2c)

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I take that back, looks like single cylinder...but 2 exhaust pipes. Strange.

Yamaha MT-03 « Street Bikes

I was looking at the info about the Mt-03 from the link you gave,and I realized it has the engine from the Raptor 660cc 4-wheeler!! it has a mountain of tourqe for such a light bike.... heres the #'s from the link.... Yamaha MT-03 2008
Category: Naked Bike / Streetfighter

Specifications

Engine
Engine type: Liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, single cylinder, 4-valves, SOHC
Displacement: 660 cc
Bore x stroke: 100 x 84.0 mm
Compression ratio: 10.0:1
Maximum power: 35.3 kW (48 PS) @ 6,250 rpm
Maximum torque: 56.2 Nm (5.73 kg-m) @ 5,500 rpm
Lubrication system: Dry sump
Fuel System: Fuel injection
Clutch type: Wet, multiple disc
Ignition system: TCI
Starter system: Electric
Transmission system: Constant mesh, 5-speed
Final transmission: Chain

Chassis
Chassis: Steel tube truss diamond
Front suspension system: Telescopic forks
Front travel: 130 mm
Rear suspension system: Swingarm
Rear travel: 120 mm
Front brake: Dual discs, Ø 298 mm
Rear brake: Single disc, Ø 245 mm
Front tire: 120/70-17
Rear tire: 160/60-17

Dimensions
Length: 2,070 mm
Width: 860 mm
Height: 1,115 mm
Seat height: 805 mm
Wheel base: 1,420 mm
Minimum ground clearance: 200 mm
Dry weight: 174.5 kg
Fuel tank capacity: 15 L
Oil tank capacity: 3.4 L

even sounds like a 4-wheeler!! [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2ldTokp0ak[/ame]

Last edited: