Yamaha Body Work for the FZ1

Pelicanglider

Citizen of Creola
Reaction score
Visit site
Just got my latest Cycle World magazine (July issue) and in the "Round Up" section is a picture of an FZ1 fitted with new body work being offered by Yamaha in the international red/white racing color scheme and graphics. The cost for the complete kit is $1600 and includes tank, fairing, front fender, tail section and striping kit (red) to add a pin strip on the wheels. It looks absolutely fantastic and I searched the article about five times looking to see if there was a mention about availability for the FZ6, but, there was none. CRAP! You have got to see it, though! It looks so right! I even considered trading in my FZ6 for a FZ1 just so I could buy the body work kit, but only for a second.

Pelicanglider

Citizen of Creola
Reaction score
Visit site
I just went to the FZ1OA site to see if there was any chatter about the kit and they say Yamaha is offering the kit ON SALE at $1100. That's a steal! The FZ1 guys sound a little cool to the kit too! I don't get it! I'd be raiding the piggy bank if it was an FZ6 kit. Anyway, just wanted to see if anyone else ahd seen this and thought it was a good looking as I did.

sjryser

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm too lazy to look it up...maybe throw a link in here and I'll to move my mouse over to it for a looksee:)

Pelicanglider

Citizen of Creola
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the link CHUNKYGOAT! That's the kit and at $999 it's killing me! From the reactions I've read and now seeing it offered for $999, I must be one of the few that thinks it really looks good. Then again, I'm sort of a "retro" model myself at 54.

Tremulant

It's not over...
Reaction score
Visit site
You're not the only one that thinks it looks good, and that's an amazing price!

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the link CHUNKYGOAT! That's the kit and at $999 it's killing me! From the reactions I've read and now seeing it offered for $999, I must be one of the few that thinks it really looks good. Then again, I'm sort of a "retro" model myself at 54.

No doubt, it was the first result from google searching "fz1 body kit"

It looks fantastic.

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
so if i'm not mistaken from the ebay link - the parts are all the same except you get a seat cowl.

if you really wanted to - couldn't you get that paint job done yourself? :) I know I'd try first for way less $$

thoughts?

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
I think it looks great, my background for a long time was a FJR1200 with a similar paint job. Only thing I don't like about it is the red front fender, I think it would look better white.

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
if you really wanted to - couldn't you get that paint job done yourself? :) I know I'd try first for way less $$

That's what I was thinking. I mean, if you really want it for the Fizzer, just buy a seat cowl and rim strips, take some pics into a body shop and have them paint your bits.
Hell, I'd go with that look and a naked conversion, that would look killer.

Pelicanglider

Citizen of Creola
Reaction score
Visit site
My experience is it would be a lot more money to try to reproduce what the factory is providing in this kit. Custom paint work adds up quickly and this would be a lot of detailed work. Plus, buying it from the factory ALMOST guarantees a flawless job.

FalloutMan

Reaction score
Visit site
Jeeze well another reason to get an FZ1. I jtsu wish they would throw the 06 r1 engine away and give it the 09 one for the next few years