Ya'll ready for this..............

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
October 8, 2011. It's not real cold outside & it's not sticking to the streets. Still it's kinda depressing knowing that there's more to come. So, all my friends, enjoy the time you have left with your bikes.
And to my friends down under....I'll be enjoying your riding posts all winter!

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
That's awful.. Winter is a depressing season, as it makes everything a bit more complicated. More clothing on the kids in allready stressful mornings, cold car, can't use bus lane to work, stuck in traffic, etc. And not to forget: Shuffling snow in the driveway in blizzard condtions.

Oh.. I'm looking forward to that. NOT!

I'm hoping winter won't see these parts of the world for at least another month and a half, yet I'm guessing I have to winterize the bike in the end of this month as it starts to get really cold in the mornings. At the moment, at 8:45 PM, it's only 4,5 degrees c outside.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
When i was motivated as a young teenager, i used to ride my little ttr-125 trail bike in the snow until it got deep enough where it would just bottom out...

Not as motivated nowadays plus the yz426f torque + snow= no traction :(

Dave in Houston

Reaction score
Visit site
Still 90F in Houston. I took the scenic route to and from church for a meeting this morning, got in 50 miles all together. The new (used) Corbin seat works well.

Rain is threatening for this afternoon though. I hope it clears up. Some friends of my wife are getting married this afternoon. They are both motorsports enthusiasts, so the wedding is at the race track in Angleton, and the reception includes karting for anyone who wants to get out on the track. That's my kind of party!

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ill tell you what, I just put $6,500 down on a brand new F250 4x4. This will be the first "real truck" I have owned, so this will be the first winter that I will pray for as much snow as possible! :BLAA::BLAA:

2011_ford_f_250_super_duty_xlt_crew_cab_4x4_black_in_dewey_arizona_93771120991556614.jpg

Not to thread jack, but this was my old truck... So I say bring on the snow!

Last edited:

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
Unusually warm here for this time of the year 80° today more of the same for tomorrow and monday.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not a sad time here at all, just need to swap out toys:

skiing-snowboarding.jpg

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
65F and sunny in these parts but slippery where the h20 hasn't evap'd off the blacktop. Had the back out twice while braking twice on the juice....

lytehouse, when it gets deep this winter, maybe get the snow track conversion kit! :thumbup:

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
I will be feeling your pain soon I fear. We have had highs in the 50s for the last few days, and raining. If you look to the east our mountains already have snow on them.:(

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We just hit our "Indian Summer" here, it was nice, 78 no humidity, light wind, might break records tomorrow, claiming to hit 85!!! I could live with this year round:thumbup:

Began building a window mount passive solar collector for the season to come.

Will be on the bike Monday (day off)...

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Growing up in CA, I loved to "visit" the snow. Now living in a state that has all 4 seasons.......I would like to delete one of them, guess which one?

In 15 years I've never had to wear a dry suit to do my job, in 5 more, I hope I never have to.:thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
In the winter here we have to drive to the higher elevations for it. We can ski and surf within a few hours! :rockon:

Still I grew up in the North East and I due miss it sometimes. That dead silence in the woods with snow falling.

Here's a picture after an ice storm in Jersey in 07..

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Just another reason why i love living in ATL....and we do get the occasional snow or ice but if we get more than a 1" of snow everything shuts down, no work, no school, no banks, not even a Waffle House

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk