XenonMount

g8anos

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,

I am considering buying and mounting a xenon kit on my fz6 naked,for awhile now.

As a heard, mounting the ballast may get a little bit tricky.

Is it really necessary to extend the wires?

Where could i place the ballast so i don't have to do all this cutting and extending wires?

Has anyone find an ebay-link with a xenon kit with the default wires already extended to fit bikes like the fz6naked without the need to cut anything?

t.y.i.a

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not sure how big the ballast is, but there is loads of space inside the front fairing as long as you don't already have stuff there. I've mounted a relay, a box with a PWN circuit in there are two large horns in there. Just make sure they are not interfering with the steering on either lock and the wires are stretched. Also, make sure the ballast doesn't have to be totally water proofed. I've got pics on my site where I've mounted stuff. Also, someone put up a really nice pic on here recently where he mounted it using L brackets, just search the site for the word ballast.

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
...there is loads of space inside the front fairing...

Hey guys,

I am considering buying and mounting a xenon kit on my fz6 naked,for awhile now.

i haven't seen anything specifically for nakeds. i think for you to do this you're going to have to extend all the wiring. it's a major labor of love for you guys.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just extended the wires and i have the fairing, there is a perfect spot for the ballast under the tank back near the hinge. exding the wires is not that difficult and well worth it.

:BLAA:
P.S.: When did we get that smiley?

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
i haven't seen anything specifically for nakeds. i think for you to do this you're going to have to extend all the wiring. it's a major labor of love for you guys.
D'oh, sorry, I missed the word naked in the OP! Mine is the faired Fazer. Yeah, sucks to be you lot! :p