Wy didn't you guys tell me ...

clunk

Apprentice
Reaction score
Visit site
... that there were supposed to be two hoses sticking out near the centerstand.

I was prepping the bike for my first relatively long outing (200 mi) tomorrow morning when I noticed two errant hoses sticking out of the bottom. After searching for the place to reconnect them, I realized that they were cut off at an angle. Checked through the service manual and found references to the two fuel hoses that are supposed to be hanging right where they were.

Live and learn ...

clunk

Apprentice
Reaction score
Visit site
Can't see what's so funny. What I can see is 3 hoses on my bike, 3 in the manual..:thumbup:

Must be different on an '07 ... I can't even find "Adjusting the engine idle speed" in the 2007 owner's manual.

Two hoses:
- fuel tank breather hose
- fuel tank overflow hose

If you discover a new hose, do you get to name it?

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
Can't find it's name. In the manual it says:
"all hoses (i.e., fuel hose, fuel tank breather hose, fuel tank overflow hose)"

Obviously it's the "fuel hose" but WTH does that mean????

Anyways, I saw some oil drops once coming out of the third one(it was oil for sure, thick substance, not fuel). It was weird, but the dealer/stealer said it was "fumes" or something and done nothing about it....If it's of any relevance, it was over 105 degrees and the bike was working hard for 2 hours. Never had a similar incident since :confused:

That's about everything I know on the issue :D

Last edited:

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh, and I believe the 06 and 07 had actually no difference on the engine. A new remapping attempt was claimed but I doubt that. Anyone riden both so he can inform us????

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyways, I saw some oil drops once coming out of the third one(it was oil for sure, thick substance, not fuel).
That's about everything I know on the issue :D

I know there usually is a hose for oil to drain if you over fill it. My other yamaha bikes have had them and my friends zx-6 has one.................crap....now i gotta go look at my bike to see these hoses.

Rich

Reaction score
Visit site
It's in the service manual

According to the PDF file service manual you can download from the stickie section, under "cable routing" for my 04 FZ6:

3 hoses:

1. fuel tank breather hose
2. fuel tank drain hose
3. coolant reservoir tank breather hose

I'm too lazy to actually run out and check at the moment, but I do believe there are 3 hoses under the bike.