WTB - stock taillight

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone have a stock taillight with mounting hardware in good condition? I am replacing a motodynamic smoke unit and will consider trade or a plain-old purchase.....

Chapin

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone have a stock taillight with mounting hardware in good condition? I am replacing a motodynamic smoke unit and will consider trade or a plain-old purchase.....

But why would you sell your motodynamic?! I love it so much more than stock.

fz6-Dan

Reaction score
Visit site

I've got some bits and pieces from the guy I bought my bike from. He has already put it an led, not motodynamic which is cooler but it's better than nothing.
74f45468cdcc6d6cfc62b45faa4f00a4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got some bits and pieces from the guy I bought my bike from. He has already put it an led, not motodynamic which is cooler but it's better than nothing.
74f45468cdcc6d6cfc62b45faa4f00a4.jpg

Thanks Dan. Let me know how much you want for it, shipped to 07430.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
But why would you sell your motodynamic?! I love it so much more than stock.

I bought the bike with the motodynamic already installed. It is the Smoke tinted unit and I have had a few people tell me that it is not very visible. So I want to try the stock lens with a really bright LED bulb to see if that helps. Also planning to install the Hyper Lites.

fz6-Dan

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Dan. Let me know how much you want for it, shipped to 07430.

Can you take a picture of yours, I'm pretty sure it comes out to about 7$ but I'm gonna have to go in to usps later to confirm

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
. Also planning to install the Hyper Lites.

Tom, I know you didn't ask but years ago I put a single combo running / flashing brake hyper light on years ago.

Just the running light is approx 50% brighter than the OEM. I bent up an aluminum bracket that bolts with the tag bolts, then folds
about 90 degrees for a mounting surface for the Hyper lite...

IMO, the single is plenty. My friend put duals on his bike, IMO, they were way too bright/annoying (which might be good).

And for others, several years ago, I had half the LEDs quit working. The unit was easily 5 years old(swapped from bike to bike).
Hyper Lites replaced the broken part, no questions asked knowing the entire set up was several years old-EXCELLENT customer
relations..

Last edited:

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I think I found the answer. I went to take my motodynamic out and it fell apart! Looks like some (half?) of the LEDs are out. I am trying to get is fixed, but I still want to buy a stock taillight.

Dan - If you are willing to sell outright, please let me know the price.

Sorry for the confusion.

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Scott, I am definitely going to install the Hyper Lites, but I have a fender eliminator that has the plate at an angle that would not work with the single. I need to look into fabricating something, but that is for the off-season.

fz6-Dan

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I think I found the answer. I went to take my motodynamic out and it fell apart! Looks like some (half?) of the LEDs are out. I am trying to get is fixed, but I still want to buy a stock taillight.

Dan - If you are willing to sell outright, please let me know the price.

Sorry for the confusion.

I sent you a PM

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
IF you like the idea of a single, you could do the same bracket BUT bolt it to the bottom of your tag holes.

Not sure how that would look as it is pretty bright just on the "running" portion..

Just a thought...

BTW, glad you found the issue with the tail light. I'd take some pic's and send them to the manufacturer.
Bet you can get a new one for free (even if you sell it).. That shouldn't have fell apart and IS a definite safety issue..