WTB Front Cowling, Left front fairing after a spill

shpanky

Reaction score
Visit site
Only had my 2007 yamaha fz6 for a week and dropped my bike while getting caught in a nasty pothole. The front cowling is cracked and it's rubbed off on the side. Additionally the left front cowling is craped up too. It's in the blue color...does anyone know where I might be able to find replacements?

Also, the foot shifter is bent in and I'll need to replace that piece as well. *sigh* Any advice would be much appreciated.

katkins

Reaction score
Visit site
Only had my 2007 yamaha fz6 for a week and dropped my bike while getting caught in a nasty pothole. The front cowling is cracked and it's rubbed off on the side. Additionally the left front cowling is craped up too. It's in the blue color...does anyone know where I might be able to find replacements?

Sorry that happened!

I crashed mine into a mountain a month ago, and need all the front cosmetic/safety parts for a red 2007 FZ6, in case you got any private replies (or someone cares to answer again here)...

Good luck getting back on the road!

Kevin

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
When you get ready it fix it, I would recommend cheapcycleparts.com...

Yamaha OEM Parts - Cheap Cycle Parts

I just bought the two pieces you need, as well as a rear side cover and generator cover. They are pretty good with shipping, the pieces come already painted, and they are cheaper then the dealer even with shipping.

Edit - X2 on the above suggestion about waiting a while. I'm 42 and have been riding on and off since I was 20. When I dropped mine 3 weeks ago, that was the first time I've ever dropped a bike, but that really didn't make anything any better :) Get some more experience under your belt, then fix it up (unless it's not rideable the way it is now).

Last edited:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I dont thi k experience had anything to do with his spill he waz riding with me and mcbride and the hole he hit was in the middle of a nasty off camber turn at least 6" deep with gravle all around it

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I think at the speeds we were riding (65+) depending on what line you took anyone woulda went down

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk