Writing my Payoff!

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I have had my FZ6 for 3 years now and I bought it used from a Yamaha Surdyke Dealership. I am writing my payoff check tomorrow for my FZ6 and it feels good :D I'm thankful that my father co signed for me, and he's pretty stoked that I am paying it off 3 years ahead of time. Anyway, it's a good feeling to me at least. The bike and I have been through a lot together, and I have reworked it a lot in the last 3 years.

I know its silly to show these pictures, but it also shows what I have been doing here on the FZ6 Forum too.

Year 1 (no mods)
Capture2-4.jpg

Year 2
IMG_0673.jpg

IMG_0687.jpg

Year 3
IMG_0966.jpg

IMG_1352.jpg

Pauly_V

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on paying the loan off early. I enjoyed writing the check for my wife's Monster 2 years ahead of schedule, but not nearly as much as writing the $1700 check for my FZ6 and buying it outright.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Good on you!! AND your Dad!!!

Nice job on the bike. I really like the pic with the snow contrast to the bike, looks like it rinning- do I see exhaust?

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations, Geoff! I'm about to have a similar feeling myself, as I'm about to pay off my car a few months ahead of schedule (yay tax refund!) and then I'm going to put the extra $$$ per month into paying off the bike early.

Hopefully by Christmas, I'm gonna own BOTH my vehicles outright! :rockon:

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Your present day pic with the lower cowl, minus all the yamaha decals etc looks really good.

tjhess74

boo-yah!
Reaction score
Visit site
congrats!!! it feels good, dunnit?!

now heres some advice...

to prevent needing a co-signer in the future and to put more down (or even the entire amount), continue to make your bike payment...to yourself! you already dont miss the money, so keep putting that amount in a savings account and use it to pay down or off a future vehicle/motorcycle. youll be amazed at how much you can save in just a few years. look at your paperwork from when you bought this bike. check out how much you paid in interest...youll save that in the future too!

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats Geoff, that sensation is amazing

I am this year in the boat of getting rid of all my debits, credit cards, bank loan and paying off my bike ... to my dad :D

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats! Great feeling, isn't it? The feeling of owning something outright, and giving your credit a nice boost as well! Welcome to the financially responsible citizens club! :D

I remember when I payed off my first car, about one year ahead of time. I was so pumped! Then I payed off my TW about two years ahead of time, and was equally pumped. Planning on doing the same on my FZ and my other car. It's getting harder though, with the price of living going up and up. But I'll get 'er done somehow!

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site

now heres some advice...

to prevent needing a co-signer in the future and to put more down (or even the entire amount), continue to make your bike payment...to yourself! you already dont miss the money, so keep putting that amount in a savings account and use it to pay down or off a future vehicle/motorcycle. youll be amazed at how much you can save in just a few years. look at your paperwork from when you bought this bike. check out how much you paid in interest...youll save that in the future too!

This is GREAT advice. As I stated earlier, I'll be paying my car off in the next few weeks and then the bike later this year. What a fantastic idea to keep putting the bike payment into savings to pay for your next bike.

It's so simple I can't believe I didn't think about it! :thumbup:

ice

Reaction score
Visit site
good looking scoot

Congratulations!.
And kudos to you for being a responsible person.
I got a good buy on an 08 FZ6 last February because a mother had signed for her son and he would not make the payments.
He had one summer of fun then dumped the payments on mom.
Ride safe and live to ride another day.

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: good looking scoot

Yep, that's what I did with the bike. Sort of. We paid cash for mine at any rate. You can usually talk them down quite a bit, and then when it's almost time to pay tell them you're paying in cash and since you are, can't they knock off another 5-10%? They'll usually go for it.

So keep paying yourself the bike payment. Besides, if you have to miss a payment, generally you won't charge yourself late fees. :)

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

now heres some advice...

:thumbup: I like this :thumbup: