Wow

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
11. Most motorcycle accidents involve a short trip associated with shopping, errands, friends, entertainment or recreation, and the accident is likely to happen in a very short time close to the trip origin.

i can see that. you never really take the time to warm up. when u know ur gonna be heading out on long ride u prepare yourself differently and are less casual about it.

12. The view of the motorcycle or the other vehicle involved in the accident is limited by glare or obstructed by other vehicles in almost half of the multiple vehicle accidents.

get a dark smoke visor

13. Conspicuity of the motorcycle is a critical factor in the multiple vehicle accidents, and accident involvement is significantly reduced by the use of motorcycle headlamps (on in daylight) and the wearing of high visibility yellow, orange or bright red jackets.

"crrrrrrritical factor"

22. The motorcycle riders involved in accidents are essentially without training; 92% were self-taught or learned from family or friends. Motorcycle rider training experience reduces accident involvement and is related to reduced injuries in the event of accidents.

92% is crazy high

26. Motorcycle riders in these accidents showed significant collision avoidance problems. Most riders would overbrake and skid the rear wheel, and underbrake the front wheel greatly reducing collision avoidance deceleration. The ability to countersteer and swerve was essentially absent.

27. The typical motorcycle accident allows the motorcyclist just less than 2 seconds to complete all collision avoidance action.

i think thats huuuuuuuuge

Last edited:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
the one about 40% of accidents riders not having helmets makes me wonder where this study was done?

possibly the phillipines?

that sounds very odd.