Would you give up riding and your relationship for your job?

I use to be out on the road working in the music industry back in my glory days, gone months and months at at time. Sometime 10 months out of the year. Even though I didn't have a bike then, I had a chance to rack up a lot of hotel points. Make sure you take advantage of all the travel benefits. I had over a million Marriott Rewards points when I finally got out.

I use to fly my girlfriend out to different cities. It's great when somebody else is footing the bill.

No.

But then, you have 6 months a year to ride. That's what I get here in Maine, USA.

If she's worth anything - the relationship will last.

Not the end of the world. Don't paint yourself in a corner where there are no walls.

LIFE'S TO SHORT

to give up the one's you love..

IMO- I'd work two jobs to keep everyone close to me:D and in order to keep those mod's coming:BLAA:

i had a chance to take a job earlier this year wher i would be traveling 95% of the time and wouldnt even really be home more than 2 days out of a month.. didnt have the relationship aspect, but decided no.. not just because of the bike, but i really didnt think i would have much of a social life always traveling.. but to each their own...

I use to be out on the road working in the music industry back in my glory days, gone months and months at at time. Sometime 10 months out of the year. Even though I didn't have a bike then, I had a chance to rack up a lot of hotel points. Make sure you take advantage of all the travel benefits. I had over a million Marriott Rewards points when I finally got out.

I use to fly my girlfriend out to different cities. It's great when somebody else is footing the bill.
Yeah, Kenny, you're now in a nice, QUIET town, huh? Now, everybody from everywhere comes to YOU (lol).

I won't take a travel job again. It is too easy to loose track of everything that is really important in life when you have no real home. And if the job interview says you will travel 1/2 the year, you can count on traveling 3/4 of the year. Relationships don't often survive that, friends and lovers go away, you loose track of familly and life.

Just my personal experiance, take it for what you will.

I'm away from home 8 months out of the year and live in upstate NY so that limits my riding time to max 3 months out of the year. I would love having another 2 months home a year. My long time girlfriend deals with it. We also use web cam, it helps a lot. If your other half isn't willing to deal with it they don't really love you.

This is how it could end up:
1)bike turns into a rust bucket
2)spouse LEAVES you, because you chose the wheel, and not the bar
3)you end up a McDonald's JUNKIE
4) you turn into a burnout
5) roids start to set in.
5) and after all that, you HATE your job, you boss, your LIFE!
6) Suicide hot line disconnects you

if this is going to happen then it will happen one way or another......

..You need to straight up your prior...
..is she gonna be u re wife ?? Then is worth to listen and consult with her..
..Job come and go and so does the bike...I dont think wife come and go..

Back