Worst Thanksgiving ever.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Really sorry to hear about your off,and it only makes it worse being at thanksgiving :(.
Please to hear you are relatively OK, thanks to ATGATT.

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm having second thoughts on selling the bike now. Now, I'm considering a total restoration including a fork swap, frame powdercoating, new paint job, and a new headlight.

Also, I found out my steering head bearings were rusted out.

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That first pic is horrible! I'm glad you made it out ok, but wow! That bike looks like you should be in the hospital right now! You're another example that ATGATT truly works.

Hope your rebuild works out for you! Good luck! :thumbup:

Ryan T

P.P.P.P.P.P
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad to hear you're okay, sorry about your bike. Take care and start looking for a new ride. Most important thing is you're ok.

Sawblade

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got new fork tubes from OMG_WTF, and I've got pricing on getting the wheels and frame powdercoated in bronze. (ouch) I still need a new front wheel & tire, exhaust manifold, handlebar, stator coil, headlight, steering head bearings, and left rearset to get it ridable again.

Planned upgrades are the bronze powdercoating, rizoma bar, mirrors, bar ends and rear sets, bright red paint job, some kind of new headlight, and having the seat upholstered in saddle leather.

Last edited:

Sawblade

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
New front wheel from skooter65 came in today. Thanks!

attachment.php

Sawblade

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nothing yet on the seat. Getting the bike together is priority. I decided against powder coating the thing because the lowest quote I got was $350 just for the main frame. I did find a paint color I can live with though.

I was just experimenting with my broken footpeg mount.
attachment.php

And here's the leather I want on the seat... (yes that's my truck)
DSC_1760s.jpg

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry this happened man! But I am definitely subscribed to see your outcome. :thumbup: for being ATGATT. Hope it all comes together for you. :D

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I believe that yellow oil filter is the Purolater One Oil Filter that you can pick up at your local auto parts store for $6 or so.

I've been using the samekind of filter except that I spray paint mine black before install. It use to come in Yamaha blue, should have bought twenty of them before they went to yellow

Sawblade

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Update:

The weather has warmed up enough to start painting, and I just finished the main frame. I plan on dropping off the tank, tail, and side covers off to get painted bright red soon. Also, I found out the '03 R6s stator does NOT fit the FZ6. I did find a correct used FZ6 stator recently, so the motor is complete again.

frame.jpg