Wont Run!

ITSME

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks you all for your help and responses, ive run the *diag* mode and nothing came from that, no codes were pulled. The plug wires are numbered from factory and all of them made it back to there respective holes, so the wires are not crossed. Fuel lines and other essential lines are all free of debri and are not crimped in anyway. I've got good spark and fuel to the rail, so im completely confused were else the issue could be, unless i have lazy injector not providing enough fuel to one of the cylinders which in turn could be making it run only on a couple of cylinders, in the *diag* mode i tested them to and all of them came on, its just hard to tell how well there working, without actually seeing them spray. Im beside myself at this point, i justed wanted to fix a dent in the tank and this is what i get for my efforts WTFO! who's Wheaties did i piss in to deserve this headache. I guess i'll be calling the shop tomorrow to schedule an appointment:(, good thing there is its still under warranty so hopefully:noworries: this issue is covered in it.

ITSME

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions, but the tank location doesnt matter if its up or down it acts the same either way, air filter is fine also with it in or out ive still got the problem, as i said before ive got plenty of fuel coming from the pump to the rail so fuel isn't the issue unless i have a faulty injector but they all turn on in the *diag* mode so im still stumped as to what this could be. Im done messing with it its going to the shop for further examinations.

ITSME

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah i know its gonna be something easy, i know nothing about more then likely, hopefully cost isnt an issue beings its still under warranty!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks you all for your help and responses, ive run the *diag* mode and nothing came from that, no codes were pulled. The plug wires are numbered from factory and all of them made it back to there respective holes, so the wires are not crossed. Fuel lines and other essential lines are all free of debri and are not crimped in anyway. I've got good spark and fuel to the rail, so im completely confused were else the issue could be, unless i have lazy injector not providing enough fuel to one of the cylinders which in turn could be making it run only on a couple of cylinders, in the *diag* mode i tested them to and all of them came on, its just hard to tell how well there working, without actually seeing them spray. Im beside myself at this point, i justed wanted to fix a dent in the tank and this is what i get for my efforts WTFO! who's Wheaties did i piss in to deserve this headache. I guess i'll be calling the shop tomorrow to schedule an appointment:(, good thing there is its still under warranty so hopefully:noworries: this issue is covered in it.
I am gutted for you, good luck with the dealership appointment.

Nelly.

PS stupid I know but is there anyway the fuel is contaminated?

ITSME

Reaction score
Visit site
I got news from the shop earlier and they told me the fuel pump is bad, it cost $500.00 to replace, thank god its all under warranty. The messed up thing here is i tested the fuel pump and it seemed ok, maybe not enough psi required to operate injectors i dont know im just glad they found the issue fairly quickly and i should have my bike back mid week next week.

Last edited:
W

wrightme43

Well there you go. Wanna hear something crazy.
The cummings desiels have right at 14,000 psi line pressure, it will blast thru your skin and just do all sorts of bad things to you.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So which member diagosed the problem as a bad fuel pump? Give him a star award. It might have been Cali Rider.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got news from the shop earlier and they told the fuel pump is bad, it cost $500.00 to replace, thank god its all under warranty. The messed up thing here is i tested the fuel pump and it seemed ok, maybe not enough psi required to operate injectors i dont know im just glad they found the issue fairly quickly and i should have my bike back mid week next week.
I am glad you have got to the root of the problem. I beleive that you are the first member to have a pump problem?

Nelly

ITSME

Reaction score
Visit site
it doesn't surprise me....there is a rather large caution note in the manual, reminding you of not dropping the fuel pump, or giving it a strong shock...it's very delicate considering it's purpose.

the OP may not have been as gentle with it as he should have been.

He's lucky warranty covered it.

What are you saying i was tossing my tank around:tard:, come on now im trying to fix the tank not make it worse, most of the work done to the tank was done right on the bike so there is know way i was not being gentle with it.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
it doesn't surprise me....there is a rather large caution note in the manual, reminding you of not dropping the fuel pump, or giving it a strong shock...it's very delicate considering it's purpose.

the OP may not have been as gentle with it as he should have been.

He's lucky warranty covered it.
Your posts are as delicate and as pleasant as a fart in a packed elevator.............
Whats the point in posting just to gob off? If you have nothing to base your gobbing off on don't bother. Or perhaps you might feel like most of us, and be happy that some poor bloke hasn't got to shell out 500 notes just before X-mas.

All the best to you.

Nelly

Last edited:

segue00

Burrrppppp, aaaaaahhhh
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is the first time I've heard of the fuel pump going bad. However, I've come to know that the dealerships find it easier to just change everything that is questionable to get to the root of the problem.

Ask them if they did a throttle body sync, and ask for the old fuel pump back!

ITSME

Reaction score
Visit site
This is the first time I've heard of the fuel pump going bad. However, I've come to know that the dealerships find it easier to just change everything that is questionable to get to the root of the problem.

Ask them if they did a throttle body sync, and ask for the old fuel pump back!

I hear ya there! they can replace whatever they like, its not costing me a thing thank god. I will ask them if they had gotten that far in the diagnosis and also ask for pump back i wanna see the bugger that gave me all the headaches.

Dziurkacz

Reaction score
Visit site
I had the same problem. When I removed pump from the fuel tank, I've decided to clean fuel filter inside the pump. After that my FZ6 wouldn't start. I' ve removed the pump twice to check what was going on: it was ruber gasket that wasn't in place - the pump didn't give enough pressure.

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Since this is warranty work, they won't give the defective parts back. Those go back to Yamaha to determine the actual cause of failure in hopes they can prevent it in the future.

ITSME

Reaction score
Visit site
Went and braved the weather saturday to go and pick my bike up from the shop WOW was that fun! so now its running again and sitting happily in the shop:rockon: Here's the repair order for a faulty fuel pump, thank god for the warranty:bow::bow:

Last edited: