Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
with no load it will rev to redline

thats whats getting me tho, it hits 8K in first and 5th, there is less load in first than fifth but they both only go to 8K

Try this just to make sure it's not related electronically to the clutch safety signal.
Start the bike and pull one of the spade connectors off the clutch safety switch. Tape it so it doesn't ground out and take it for a ride to see if the motor opens up.

We've also seen crosstalk through connector plugs between the speedo signal and the TPS signal interfere and limit the FZ6s fueling.
I've run across 2 such cases on the forum. The bike runs fine but if the rear wheel is turning the speedo signal interferes with the TPS signal.
Pull harness connectors, inspect pins, wash with cold water, blow dry with compressed air. spray with WD40, and plug back in.

I've seen this more often on UK bikes that were naked and got exposed to salt water/spray or dust. The salt especially causes crosstalk/conduction of small signals the ECU uses and the bike will not run right. Cold water is the best way to rinse salt out of the connectors. Do not use contact cleaners first. They will tend to help bond the salt because of oils. If you use oil based cleaner you'll have to use another type oil based cleaner to get the salt out. The salt will emulsify with water and rinse out. Then dry w/compressed air and addition protective spray. Water first!

Have you done the TPS check yet? Do it with the rear wheel up and look at the numbers at full throttle. Turn the rear wheel at the same time. Number changes? Crosstalk...:D

Please see my post #27. You can easily do this procedure. If you don't diagnose the problem and act on it, it will probably still exist...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok After watching the video it's not restricted, it's bogging for some reason, either ignition problems, bad fuel, or maybe a airflow restriction. But the way it's bogging leads me to think ignition or tps, have you checked all of your plugs?

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Try again to get into the diagnostic screen, hold both buttons on your speedo down at the same time (while key is off) make sure both buttons are held down for at minimum 8sec while still holding the buttons down turn the key on with your free hand (don't let the buttons go or your have to start over) continue holding the buttons until the diagnostic screen appears

red_rock_beetle

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok After watching the video it's not restricted, it's bogging for some reason, either ignition problems, bad fuel, or maybe a airflow restriction. But the way it's bogging leads me to think ignition or tps, have you checked all of your plugs?

I for got to mention that if you hold it at full throttle it goes between 1-3k and after a few seconds it will rev to redline

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Try again to get into the diagnostic screen, hold both buttons on your speedo down at the same time (while key is off) make sure both buttons are held down for at minimum 8sec while still holding the buttons down turn the key on with your free hand (don't let the buttons go or your have to start over) continue holding the buttons until the diagnostic screen appears

+1 Check the TPS. The TPS tells the ECU what position the throttle is in. Also get new fuel and some Sea Foam in that tank.....

And remember you're not just some lame biker any more...you're a member of FZ6 Forum and we expect more from our members! :BLAA:

Last edited:

red_rock_beetle

Reaction score
Visit site
ok i think i got it, is this the diag screen? the Er_1 came on as soon as i twiste the throttle all the way and back

1bc04e9d.jpg

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
yes that is the screen, but I'm not sure why it's reading a error code or what that code means? Could very well be your problem

Last edited:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Just looked it up and apparently er-1 means that the ecu is not receiving a signal from the tps...so something could be simply unplugged or a short in the wire

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just looked it up and apparently er-1 means that the ecu is not receiving a signal from the tps...so something could be simply unplugged or a short in the wire

Could be a bad TPS. Now you need an ohm meter so you can verify the TPS itself has failed or you have a bad plug or wire. Do you have an ohm meter?

red_rock_beetle

Reaction score
Visit site
so i guess ill pick up seafoam, and some new plugs for the hell of it and fill it with new fresh fuel and go from there.

and yes the throttle sensor had a very liner increase from 16 to 99 ohms