Wishing I had a Hayabusa

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm just wondering if I am one of few who wishes that I had a Hayabusa in the shed as a second bike? I don't think it is crazy beautiful, I don't WANT to go over 300kmph, I am just a little drawn to it...

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting one of those. I actually found it more comfortable in the showroom than any other super sport (not that busa is a super sport). Sure it's associated with a lot of stupidity, but it doesn't have to live up to the stigma. I bet it can be a very enjoyable bike to ride sanely. I'd hit it!

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting one of those. I actually found it more comfortable in the showroom than any other super sport (not that busa is a super sport). Sure it's associated with a lot of stupidity, but it doesn't have to live up to the stigma. I bet it can be a very enjoyable bike to ride sanely. I'd hit it!

Yeah mate. I just want to roll to work and back, maybe eat up some highway miles - I think it is a little bulky to be as much fun through the twisties as the FZ6, but it would be nice to open up on a highway straight every now and then. It occurred to me yesterday that, although I love to do an occasional run to 200kmph, I honestly wouldn't be overly bothered if my FZ was restricted to 160ish (provided I had exactly the same characteristics under this speed) - I never really have a need or burning desire to go over 150, it is just a good thrill for an occasional squirt. By the same logic, while I would push my Busa past 250 on a nice empty road (read private closed road ;-) ) I just want to roll down the street on one - not because I give a damn what anyone else thinks, but because I think they are a bike that exudes 'cool', provided they're not painted up all gawdy like in Torque (which I actually liked, mind you, completely regardless of the complete impossibility of everything they ever did...)

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
I agree, I would like one too. I've sat on one and it was very comfortable for me as well. I was so tempted to try and see if I could trade in my FZ6 for it but I was afraid because the bike looked like it had been dropped and I didn't know if it was in that good of shape compared with my trusty FZ6.

racing_fan

Not so Junior Member
Reaction score
picasaweb.google.com
'busa... :drool:

Suzuki-Hayabusa-2011-530x397.jpg

To me it's the most attention grabbing production bike EVER!!!

Last edited:

sixsix

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd rather have a zx14, better lookin bike IMO. I actually was thinking about getting one as there are good deals to be had on left overs but I still don't know if I really need all that power.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think the Hayabusa looks like the mobile version of "The blob", big, fat & FUGLY!

Would much rather something like an unrestricted ZX12.

:thumbup:

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
I drool over them occasionally. I still think my dream bike (for the time being) is a toss up between the S1000RR and the '11 ZX-10R. Both in awesome black of course. Oh, or custom burnt orange metallic with black stripes. Candy Green... Midnight Blue Metallic...

Maybe next Christmas, or the one after that. Liter bikes still make my butt pucker.

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd rather have a zx14, better lookin bike IMO. I actually was thinking about getting one as there are good deals to be had on left overs but I still don't know if I really need all that power.

I dunno... It definitely looks better than all of the other Kawasaki faired bikes - but to me, that tail looks like an afterthought. Having said that, the reason I don't like most of the other faired Kawasaki bikes is reasonably childish. To me, a faired bike needs to be sexy, and a naked bike needs to be angry.

Most of the Kawasaki faired bikes look mean as hell to me, which means they do look great, but I just can't see them being a bike that I would buy. By that idiotic reasoning, I just couldn't buy a Kawasaki, any Kawasaki, unless the price was unbelievable and I fell in love with that exact bike (kind of like a Daytona 955i Special Edition in bright green and shiny chrome that I fell in love with and missed out on - most 955i's? Yeah, nice... But this one? :slurp:)

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
I think the Hayabusa looks like the mobile version of "The blob", big, fat & FUGLY!

Would much rather something like an unrestricted ZX12.

:thumbup:

I was wondering when you would chime in, and really thought it would be with a little better POV... tsk tsk... You are a bad man.

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
LOL.. no one does. *need* is overrated :D

Indeed! Unless your girlfriend takes out the Guinness Record for Worlds Heaviest Woman, and you're thinking of towing her on a trailer while doing a wheelstand, no one needs that much power. But it would make you giddily happy just knowing that it was there.

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
I drool over them occasionally. I still think my dream bike (for the time being) is a toss up between the S1000RR and the '11 ZX-10R. Both in awesome black of course. Oh, or custom burnt orange metallic with black stripes. Candy Green... Midnight Blue Metallic...

Maybe next Christmas, or the one after that. Liter bikes still make my butt pucker.

Yeah, the S1000RR is scrumptious, but damn, for $25kAU I could buy my 'Busa and pay off my fizzer.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was wondering when you would chime in, and really thought it would be with a little better POV... tsk tsk... You are a bad man.

Mate, i have ridden with Busa's, they suck in the tight stuff, are just about unrideable in the wet, the only place they rock, is in a big long straight line....

The Busa is now a bit of of Dinosaur these days....needs to be updated wiuth traction control, etc, like all the new generation HP bikes are starting to come out with....

:D

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Since Kawi was brought up.. this is a bit random, but I think this was one of the coolest bikes they ever made :thumbup: I'd totally ride one now

2003-Kawasaki-ZRX1200Ra.jpg

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
Mate, i have ridden with Busa's, they suck in the tight stuff, are just about unrideable in the wet, the only place they rock, is in a big long straight line....

The Busa is now a bit of of Dinosaur these days....needs to be updated wiuth traction control, etc, like all the new generation HP bikes are starting to come out with....

:D

Which is precisely the reason why I want it as my second bike. And I want your bike with a different headlight and seat as my first bike. Best of both worlds. I would have a weapon in a Fizzer, and a beast in a 'Busa

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They're about as wide as a Mini!

Guy at my work bought one. Sat on it. No way would I ride it. It looked 'ok' but it's HUGE. Not my cup of tea.

BTW, just about ANY 2nd bike is a good bike :thumbup:

Last edited: