Wish me luck........

Damnitsjeff

Yumma Dum Dum
Reaction score
Visit site
I just hit up the classifieds and found a 2006 BMW K1200S for 5400 bucks. It has never been laid down garage kept and only has 805 miles on it. It very well could be a typo but hell what will it hurt to ask. If it is true I will jump on it in a heart beat. Also if it is true anyone wanna buy a 07 FZ6? Sorry to be a traitor :spank: but hey come on it is a K1200S!!!!!! :rockon::thumbup::cheer:

D

Deleted member 2349

I also know a guy that had an older k1200 bike and last year he got himself a KTM to go with it...

Make sure you have some extra cash for stuff with a BMW and hope u have a dealer close by...my friends biggest complaint was the distance and LONG waits for service.

Hope all is well and if its not a type make sure to check the rubber bits for dry rot. Good luck with the deal.

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just because you might not have the FZ6 anymore, doesn't mean you're leaving here, right?! This forum is for people who love riding motorcycles, not just the FZ

Last edited:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good luck, and keep us posted! I'm drooling over the F800GS right now; if I ever got one I'd keep the FZ-6 though, even if only for a track bike.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool bike. A National Guard buddy of mine is a Dallas motor cop and he owns a K1200s, what a rocketship! He loves the bike and when he's not uniform he's blasting around at a zillion miles an hour.

I hope the ad is correct, jump on it if it is. Let us know how it turns out. :thumbup:

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
Too good to be true. It is missing a one in front of the 5.....If not, go for it. It is a somehwhat heavy bike, but a rocket ship and comfortable, like a ZX-14

Denver_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
WAAAAAY too good to be true. But who knows, maybe it's the husband/wife that are splitting up story. Husband tells wife to sell the bike for him and send him the cash. Good luck!

Damnitsjeff

Yumma Dum Dum
Reaction score
Visit site
Have not heard anything as of yet. Like someone said it could be a woman selling off her ex husbands goods. The contact email was a woman's.... Still waiting................................................................................

Reaction score
Visit site
Nothing ventured nothing gained. There's hope that who is selling it has no idea what it's truely worth. So don't look to excited when you show up to look at it (i.e. check in hand, filled out, and signed)

Good Shopping:Flash:

Damnitsjeff

Yumma Dum Dum
Reaction score
Visit site
Welllllllllllllllllllll crap..... Still no response and the ad is no longer on Cycletrader..... Damnit!!! Ohhh well.. I just slapped a 15 tooth sprocket and a speedo healer on the FZ anyway..... I'll keep her she been great:thumbup:

Damnitsjeff

Yumma Dum Dum
Reaction score
Visit site
I finally heard from the fella with the bike but it turned out to be a scam of course this is the email that I received.......:spank::spank::spank::ban::ban:

Hello,

Thank you so much for contacting me regarding my bike. I've taken very good care of it (always garaged),it's in perfect condition without any mechanical problems,with no damages or hidden defects,no need for additional repairs,clear title. Everything on it is in excellent working condition. I have all the bike documents and papers(manual, etc.).The price is not negotiable (the price may be a little low but it seems fair to me). I was fired from my job because the financial crises that affected almost everyone including the company I worked at. I'm in a hurry to find a buyer because I'm in debts with my bank and i had to move in Italy, with my new job. I got the bike here with me, i thought that i may sell it here but it is an US model and to pay the registration here in Italy, to pass all the emissions and standards and many other, would be quite expensive and nobody would do it.I can deliver the bike to your address and I will agree to let you test it and inspect it for a few days just to be sure. I am going to use a shipping company to deliver it and you will pay the shipping and insurance fees. I want to use this company because I used it to bring the bike here and they had a excellent service, it came with absolutely no damage or scratches.It should take about 8-10 days to get the bike.If interested please reply asap.Thank you for your time. P.S. I have attached more pictures with my bike

Kind regards,
David