Wiseco big bore kit & new cams on their way!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Too cool! I've wanted to do this mod since day one, well maybe day two. This is going to be fun to watch.

I'm really interested in what the mid range does with the larger pistons.

Be sure to take lots of photos!

No recession is on Oz, huh? ;)

On last thing. Any cooling concerns?

have not even thought about cooling issues, am sure that if there is any concern, Jim will have thought of it...he doesnt miss much, and is normally about 5 steps ahead....was watching him today when we were discussing it...you could just about see him thinking of 6 other things to do with the build, at once, while i was going through stuff with him...

He got especially animated when i started talking about cams!

:rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
paid another visit to the bike shop today, we have decided that we are going for a dtraight up swap with the cams, fz6 cams, for r6 cams....no grinding needed this way, and we know the cams work in this engine....

Piston kit has been confirmed as available, but not in stock, so they are now on back order...hope it doesnt take too long.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
Isn't the "race" bike supposed to be faster than the "street" bike?

We know you are a picture whore so I want to see the inside of this beast while it is apart. Good stuff! :thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Progress Report...

Bike is booked in for Middle of September...will be off the road for approximately 3 weeks....so it's now a race to get pinky sorted for the road, whilst this one is getting the engine done.

:thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Bike is booked in for Middle of September...will be off the road for approximately 3 weeks....so it's now a race to get pinky sorted for the road, whilst this one is getting the engine done.

Bet that things going to be one of the quickest FZ6's on the planet. Especially cammed up like the R6...YeeeHaaaa!

Cliff

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bet that things going to be one of the quickest FZ6's on the planet. Especially cammed up like the R6...YeeeHaaaa!

Cliff

Well...it definitely will have quite a few extra ponies at the rear wheel....nowhere near as crazy as a superchaged, turbo, or nitrous enhanced bike...but it should still be a very strong, reliable motor, with decent engine life....with proper maintenance and decent oil changed regularly...

Am thinking a quickshifter might be a good addition after this...

sideslider

Reaction score
Visit site
Well...it definitely will have quite a few extra ponies at the rear wheel....nowhere near as crazy as a superchaged, turbo, or nitrous enhanced bike...but it should still be a very strong, reliable motor, with decent engine life....with proper maintenance and decent oil changed regularly...

and bigger breaks :rockon:

subscribed

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
Neat! I want to see pictures of the engine taken apart.

If you're upping compression, you had best forget about a blower for the bike. A blower will need you to lower compression.

But you don't need it. My stock FZ6 is still faster than my turbo bike. Your bike will be faster still.

Fred

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Neat! I want to see pictures of the engine taken apart.

If you're upping compression, you had best forget about a blower for the bike. A blower will need you to lower compression.

But you don't need it. My stock FZ6 is still faster than my turbo bike. Your bike will be faster still.

Fred

Now that i am doing this....there wont be anymore engine mods after....this is plenty!!!!

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site

I don't think supercharged, turbo or nitrous would give you the smooth power delivery that this kit will though... extra power delivered well (as in tuned by dyno) across the power band (as opposed to the sudden extra boost) might be less overall HP, but still better imo... easier to control, more use of rpm in each gear, less shifting... etc.

You may fall in love with the bike all over again and ride it completely differently if you can beef up the low and mid range...

Can't wait to hear about your test ride :rockon:

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't think supercharged, turbo or nitrous would give you the smooth power delivery that this kit will though... extra power delivered well (as in tuned by dyno) across the power band (as opposed to the sudden extra boost) might be less overall HP, but still better imo... easier to control, more use of rpm in each gear, less shifting... etc.

You may fall in love with the bike all over again and ride it completely differently if you can beef up the low and mid range...

Can't wait to hear about your test ride :rockon:

I just cant wait for the test ride...period!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
And how did it go? Its 10 months ago that the bike should have bin modded :D

Did it match your expectations?

Still not done!!!! :(

Yes i know....that's twice i have put it off now....but there are a few issues with reliability, excessive vibration that may be caused by raising the compression ratio that high, and the uncertainty of keeping it reliable....i still want to do it...but i think i will get another motor to experiment on...just gotta find one at the right price....

When you spend that much money, you wanna be sure i reckon....and i still aint!!!!

Sorry! i hate dissapointing people! And i know lots of people on here, where, are, waiting with baited breathe for the results....just like me!

:(

rpereira

Reaction score
Visit site
Goodluck Wolfy with finding a cheap engine ! Sounds like a fantastic mod, are R6 Cams expensive ? That big bore kit is pretty cheap (If it is still the same price!)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Goodluck Wolfy with finding a cheap engine ! Sounds like a fantastic mod, are R6 Cams expensive ? That big bore kit is pretty cheap (If it is still the same price!)

The parts for it aint that expensive....it's getting the Nikasol bores re-lined that is expensive(over $1000 AU), and of course, the labour....

All up, it is about a $6000 AU job!

:eek:

rpereira

Reaction score
Visit site
Ummmm $6000 ?!?!?!?! What the hell !! Wow that is like over half the price of the bike !! Now that is a true love for the FZ6 ! Good to see it is still happening :) Although how much would another engine cost ??? That would add quite a bit :(