windshield dobble bubble or single

oscarg85

Reaction score
Visit site
hey my felow fz6 riders, i have been wondering about a dobble bubble or single bubble windshields. anyways yesterday i was this close to order a dobble bubble racing windshield but ive heard that some people dont like it because it is a little bigger than the single bubble therefore looks a little tachy. So i was wondering if any of you members have painted your windshields before, how does it look or is it better if i just spend the 100 bucks on a dobble or single bubble puig windshield.
to bad they dont have sportech windshields for the fz6!!

opinions welcome

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just put a light smoke double bubble on my bike. I like it. I don't think that it looks tacky. I'm not entirely certain that it offers any different or better wind protection or deflection. But it is smoked and I think looks better than the plain vanilla stock unit. I'd be curious to try the puig touring screen to see how it might differ in the wind deflection department.

I think that it was kneedraggers.com who had the best collection of pictures of the three types of screens that puig offers -- standard, double bubble, and touring. If you need/ want to see the difference between the models.

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hey my felow fz6 riders, i have been wondering about a dobble bubble or single bubble windshields. anyways yesterday i was this close to order a dobble bubble racing windshield but ive heard that some people dont like it because it is a little bigger than the single bubble therefore looks a little tachy. So i was wondering if any of you members have painted your windshields before, how does it look or is it better if i just spend the 100 bucks on a dobble or single bubble puig windshield.
to bad they dont have sportech windshields for the fz6!!

opinions welcome

I just painted my windscreen yesterday and I love the looks of it. I am attaching a pic of it. If you have any questions about how to do it, let me know or check out this link. http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/8830-having-omg-what-am-i-doing-moment.html This was me painting it, shows how I did it.

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently got a Puig racing (double bubble) screen and it made a HUGE difference in wind turbulence. I can drive 70 mph now and it feels like 35-40 with the stock screen. Although I couldn't be happier with the performance and the light smoke color, like you, I also do not like the higher profile. I am toying with the idea of cutting about 2 inches off the top. Someone on here has done that and it looks really good. I'm not sure how much performance, in terms of decreased wind turbulence, you would lose by doing that though.

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
how many hands did you give it??? im getting tomorrow a black spray can for [plastics

I'm not sure what you are asking me. If you are asking how many cans...1 of each color. If you are asking how many coats of paint....4 layers of each, then 2 black layers to cover the silver on the back.
If hands mean something completely different...let me know lol maybe I'm just a dolt.

REZN8R

Enlarged Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I also got the "racing" PUIG double bubble windscreen. The wind turbulence is sooo much less than with the stock screen at highway speeds.. IF you have clean air. If I'm cruising in the carpool lane down the 8-lane interstate, there's not much difference. Either get tossed like a rag-doll, or tuck and look like a wanna-be speed racer.

But for $80, I think it's a good buy.