should i buy this!?

Skote

Reaction score
Visit site
ok ive been put in a situation where i may be able to buy a 2007 FZ6 with 9000 miles for $3000 bucks it would be for my girlfriend to ride...she rides an 08 ninja 250 now and rides well i got a $2900 dollar offer on the 250 so i would have to spend 100 bucks to get the fz6

mods are as follows

scorpion slip ons
scorpion security system
puig windshield
powercommander 3
frame sliders
yamaha tank bag
fender eliminator
blue bar ends
chrome brake fluid cap
chrom engine oil cap

extras are..
all the stock components that were taken off
brand new blue chain
aftermarket mirrors with built in turn signals
throttle lock cruise control thing..

so some insight would be nice is this a good deal and is it a good ladies bike

im an fz1 owner my self love the bike and my girlfriend will love that we have matchingish bikes lol(used to have matching kawasakis) ....is the fz6 just as good for over all quality....

lomax

Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like a good deal to me. The add ons don't really mean anything unless they are what you are looking for.

Mechanical condition is the prime thing.

Marc

Fishwiz4

Reaction score
Visit site
sounds like great deal!

As far as is it is a good bike for her... That depends. The fz6 can be a great bike for anyone... Including the women, but it had enough power to get anyone in trouble. If she has enough good experience from the 250, it would be a great bike for her, but a HUGE upgrade.

Enjoy!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

callmegandhi

IM4TH
Reaction score
Visit site
I always laugh when someone implies that an FZ6 is a chic bike! LOL I have friends who are husband and wife who both ride busa's! She can ride the hell out of that bike! :thumbup:

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
having all of the stock parts is a huge plus in my mind. i'd go for it for $100, definitely. Id let her ride it as is, and see what she thinks, if its too much of a jump, put the stock parts back on for a while. cant hurt.

Dave in Houston

Reaction score
Visit site
It's a good buy if it's in good condition. Maybe a great buy.

You could sell off all the add-ons for several hundred dollars without too much trouble you wanted to.

A rider coming from a Ninja 250 will need to have some throttle discipline.

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
I actually kind of started on the FZ6 so it's not bad. Not saying that's a good idea, but the 20 or so times I got to ride the Katana I had made me an "expert" in my own mind... Live and learn I guess.

Outside of what has been mentioned, I'd be concerned about fit. The options to lower the FZ6 are limited and expensive. Although, most sport-type bikes are tall.

And as far as a chick bike... Well, unless it's painted in pastels and comes with a flower vase as standard equipment... I'd say it's not a chick car/bike/truck/whatever. So yeah, pretty much just the new beetle...

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Seriously, you asked if the bike was for for a woman?...... What's wrong with you all?

:spank::spank:

I see BIG men riding to work on CBF250s. I see a girl regulary on a Busa and she is TINY.

:shakehead:

Makes no difference the size/style of bike. You just have to be a competant rider.

;)