windscreen plan

youngGun

Reaction score
Visit site
windscreen PICS!!

Ok so i stole the idea from another member (MyFirstBike), but am going to put my personal touch to it....bear with my lack of photoshop skills but the pic is a rough example of what i want......im having an FZ6 logo made by a friend who works at a sign shop so i stick it to the inside of the screen and then paint the white behind that...i have the blue pin stripe, and will be keeping the center of the screen clear. I want to be able to shoot video thru the screen so no black for me.......Also i plan to cut about 1.5"-2" of the top of the screen. I have read the write ups on ppl cutting down the screen but im still confused about what they are using at the top after it has been cut..some kind of piping or something i would love some more info on that if anyone has it.

Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated! feel free to post your opinions!

Last edited:

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks cool. But in the photo the middle looks black, which would likely look a lot better. Just my .02

For the edging, I used plastic fender/door liner. Any auto shop has it. It's the stuff people use on the edges of their car doors for stopping dings and such. Make sure it has 3M tape on the back.

youngGun

Reaction score
Visit site
Well its done! Painted and pinstriped the screen. will post pics tomorrow afternoon. Looks SICK too me!! :rockon: