Wildlife thread

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I reckon it might be nice to start up a thread with photos and stories about our local furry inhabitants (no not me) for everyone to check out as there seems to be a certain amount of interest in Aussie critters.Thought I'd get the ball rolling.

If you come here in spring or summer especially this is one of the local inhabitants you will meet in nearly any out doors type activity..lol.

Cheers
Mike

OK, OK. Here's the emblem of a number of footy teams throughout Oz. I got this one at sunrise as I was launching my kayak to go fishing.

The Humble Magpie.

Great idea Mike.

I'm glad I live in the south, with these critters running around...

First 2 are of the Sydney Funnel Web Spider, and the 3rd is a Bird eating spider that was photographed by a fella in Nth Queensland.

;)

Great idea Mike.

First 2 are of the Sydney Funnel Web Spider, and the 3rd is a Bird eating spider that was photographed by a fella in Nth Queensland.

;)

Crap! How big is a spider that can eat a bird?!?!?! They look like they belong in a horror movie.

Due to the extreme heat you blokes have been copping down there in SA look what this little fella did when offered some water after he wandered into this ladies laundry :thumbup:

Monkeys at Sun City
IMG_2347.jpg

Squirrel
14022006.jpg

Cheetah
IMG_0803.jpg

Tower goat :)
IMG_0774.jpg

More cheetah
IMG_3786.jpg

Elephant 1, Golf 0 :)
SA310.jpg

Blue Crane, our national bird
IMG_3119.jpg

Last edited:
Due to the extreme heat you blokes have been copping down there in SA look what this little fella did when offered some water after he wandered into this ladies laundry :thumbup:

That poor thing! I am surprised he came up that close to you for the water - he must have been miserable.

I saw that on the news. Incredible. Now that's when you know it's HOT!!!

Some great pics going up in here... Keep it up.

:)

I just realised this thread was about Australian wildlife... ah well, I already posted once so I guess some more pics won't go amiss.

An aggressive Mantid on my doorstep:
Mantis_2.jpg

The ultimate guard dog!
nigerians2.jpg

nigerians1.jpg

Giraffe:
IMG_2751.jpg

More ellies:
IMG_2805.jpg

Great idea Mike.

;)

This spider can't be real right. It's way to big to be a spider. It had to be...

This spider can't be real right. It's way to big to be a spider. It had to be...

I've been told that the bird is only small, but that photo was taken in a guys back-yard, the media went there and took photo's too. Pretty sure it real.

Hey Andz, that Mantis looks like a conductor, ready to get the orchestra up and playing... :rof: Nice pics.

:)

Too right its real , ive had them in my back yard here...Never seen one with a bird in its nest but can vouch for the spider being that big :thumbup:....They have some stunning colours in them , i will take some pic's of his little brother this evening to show you :D.....Dont forget that if a spider could spin a web large enough it would be stong enough to stop a Boeing 747 mid flight :eek:.......True fact...

Back