Why will it only start in neutral ??!!

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
if it would only start in Neutral...that would fluster a bunch of folks ....

can you imagine.... new rider ....in traffic... stalls..... then in the crunch of horns and people :Flip:.. they have to find neutral ....start the bike.... then go to first ... and take off

YIKES.... might make for good video tho:thumbup:

DrBart2

Reaction score
Visit site
I stalled my new bike today for the first time since collecting it last week ...

I could see oncoming traffic so quicky pulled in the clutch and hit the start button ... to the sound of nothing !!!! As soon as I put it into neutral it fired up ok ... Is this the norm with FZ6s ??

I learnt on a Honda CBF500 and could start it in any gear as long as the clutch was in.. I was under the impression that all bikes were the same.

I think if this is the norm then it is extremely dangerous ... a rapid start is often needed and trying to quickly knock it into neutral only adds to the panic..

Is there anyway I can over-ride this (in my eyes) stupid design ???

I too stalled my bike (blue one) the other day just as I pulled out into traffic. I had plenty of room though to get out of the way. The clutch/shifting is a little different than my last bike so I am still getting used to it. Well I quickly pulled the clutch and started it (in gear). My son, on his ninja, had pulled out with me and started laughing when he realized I messed up. So, I "goosed" it a little when starting off. To my surprise the front wheel came off the ground. I have been lecturing to my son since he got his license that he will not be doing wheelies. I explained that I had unintentionally brought my front wheel up. I don't think he believes me.:rolleyes::D

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
I too stalled my bike (blue one) the other day just as I pulled out into traffic. I had plenty of room though to get out of the way. The clutch/shifting is a little different than my last bike so I am still getting used to it. Well I quickly pulled the clutch and started it (in gear). My son, on his ninja, had pulled out with me and started laughing when he realized I messed up. So, I "goosed" it a little when starting off. To my surprise the front wheel came off the ground. I have been lecturing to my son since he got his license that he will not be doing wheelies. I explained that I had unintentionally brought my front wheel up. I don't think he believes me.:rolleyes::D

Quality !!! I bet your son was thinking "wow, what a cool Dad I have ;)"

DrBart2

Reaction score
Visit site
Quality !!! I bet your son was thinking "wow, what a cool Dad I have ;)"

No, he was actually thinking "wait, he won't let me do wheelies, yet he does them himself! I feel that is a bit unfair!" Remember this is a 16 year old we are talking about! :rolleyes: