Why is some people Getting rid of their FZ6?

Why are people getting rid of their Bikes?

• Dont Like the Design anymore

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Wreck/Totaled

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I want More Power

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • Aggression

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have been watching the posts for the last few months and it seems people are getting rid of there FZ6's lately. It may just be me but, it just makes me wonder why. I understand if people wreck/total their bikes but, it just puzzles me. I guess we all eventually change bikes. I know im just talking, but im bored and Im starting to notice this trend.

Why are people getting rid of their bikes?

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have been watching the posts for the last few months and it seems people are getting rid of there FZ6's lately. It may just be me but, it just makes me wonder why. I understand if people wreck/total their bikes but, it just puzzles me. I guess we all eventually change bikes. I know im just talking, but im bored and Im starting to notice this trend.

Why are people getting rid of their bikes?

I'm not! :D

JustinID

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm enjoying the heck out of mine... of course it's my first bike and I've only had it a few months. But how can I beat getting 50+ MPG daily (saving me ~$100 per month on gas) and it can wind up nicely if I ever decide to, and get comfortable enough to, push it.

A higher HP bike would lose all the fuel benefits. A higher MPG bike would sacrifice too much power. I have a feeling that if when/if I get rid of it, I'll have to buy a liter+ bike AND a scooter. ;)

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm always looking for a 2nd one for a track bike - (or FZ1) - but trip to Tassie putting pay to that for a while.

I hope, when I get another bike, I will keep my FZ6. She's a great bike that is fine for everyday use as well as the long rides.

But, I think I will progress to a bigger bike, eventually. Just hope that I can keep her. Well, if Mike can have a Speed 3 AND XJR1300, why can't I have 2 bikes.

Now, which Ducati do I want? ;)

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
When I changed bikes (last fall) I did it because I was tired of working it so hard on touring trips with my riding group. The FZ6 DID everything it needed to, it was just revving like mad and a little buzzy after a while and I couldn't run all the electrical accessories I wanted (heated gloves, vest, GPS, both headlights, etc). Made multiple 400+ mile days a chore.

I got an BMW K1200S - it's sweet on the longer trips but I miss the FZ when I'm just commuting. Didn't seem like this really fit any of your poll categories exactly but I guess more power is the closest - the KS definitely has more power :D

Last edited:

rpereira

Reaction score
Visit site
I have to say some people get bored quickly and want to try something different.

I know people who have had more cars in two years than I have in my life. Or they are just rich haha

With so many bikes on the market it is quite hard to choose just one ;P I never considered the FZ6, I wanted a Honda Hornet but they were discontinued and then I saw the FZ6 ... Looked alright to me and done some research on them. I know I will be keeping mine for forever and a day :) (Just needs a "few"mods to really keep me happy though, many cosmetic stuff though :)

D-Mac

Distance Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
My reason is the same a bcityroller's. It's not really about the power, but the FZ6 isn't as well suited to touring as I'd like.

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
I was honestly thinking hard this last week about trading my baby in on an FZ8. More torque would be nice. But after a good ride, I don't want to get rid of of her. I'm just going to keep the money I would have spent and mod her a bit more. The gas mileage, the power and the cost free living always have me coming back to the same answer, nothing will be as good as what I got now.

I think many people decide to switch due to the power/torque (she is only a 600cc) or the fact that new bikes just tempt people.

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Im sure I will pick up a second bike eventually but im only 23, Im working on graduating in spring and purchasing a house in the summer. I have to much labor from my hands in my bike to get rid of it. I hope someday my fiance will learn how to ride so she can maintain it and take care of it for me. I myself could admit could use more power, but it suits me just fine. If I would of got any other bike I dont think I would of taken it apart as much as I did this one.

And for those that may be thinking is this a bashing thread for people changing bikes, its not, I am just curious that's all. I think it's cool people change bikes out and bringing new info to the forum other than fz6s once in awhile.

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
as i can only have 1 ride, the fz6 is the 1 and i dont see any replacements for me as yet. before i bought this i was contemplating between fz6, vfr and fz1.

i ended up with fz6, and i am still happy with it. i would probably have bought fz8 IF it was released during 2007 therefore 2nd hand ones should have been available.

alanrim

Reaction score
Visit site
I have decided to switch for a number of reasons, nothing really covered by the poll.

Gearbox, the one thing I really hate about the bike.

Luggage capacity, fitting panniers means moving indicators, don't want to do that.

Power all at the top end.

Dealer 60 mile round trip, and no courtesy bike when mine waiting for fan for nearly two weeks under warranty. Yamaha have really shot their load, the price of their new bikes is taking the p*ss too.

Got offered a good trade in price (which I guess is because of point above), test ride without restrictions or stupid deposits, only 5 mile round trip from home, and courtesy bike available, and most of all loved the test ride.

bhandarigroup

Reaction score
www.bhandarigroup.in
May be the guys don't like the design or the fuel consumption is more than what they thought previously. Another reason is that they want to change the it with some other new bike in the market.

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
totalled mine (I think, it'll be back from france next week), want more power, I absolutely HATE the gearbox, and the underseat exhaust looks great, but sucks when you strap a bag on the back.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I hadnt even thought of selling mine...... Untill i made the horrible mistake of taking the R1 for a test ride... She just didnt have the oooompf after that :( But I am however pleased to say that there is nothing that will drag me away from the love that is XJR :drool: :drool:

lsherrer

Reaction score
Visit site
I've decided to try and let mine move on :(. I bought her as my first bike, which in retrospect wasn't a good idea. As a noob, not being able to flat foot such a heavy bike (and top heavy bike) has led me to tip over several times at stop lights/stop signs/etc. Some of it is that I was braking too hard and got off balance. I am going to a 250 to get the basics under my belt. I've loved my FZ6... when riding at speed and not stopping. I am so nervous now at stopping, that it takes a lot of the fun out of riding. If I could just keep her along with my 250, I would, but I can't justify the cost. So she must go for now.

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Why is some people Getting rid of their FZ6?

Where is the 'I'm not' option?

I am mightily tempted by a Speed Triple, but am happy modding what I have for now.
In the society we live in people are always being conned into buying bigger and better, and I have to admit that I could probably find a 250cc bike that would do everything asked of it and more (within the law) if needed.
The FZ6 does have character however, something that I think older riders more used to European bikes might appreciate (Note: they aren't flaws).

I've been extremely happy touring on the bike (in all regards), but I don't need to take the kitchen sink with me when I go away, and commuting is always fun and convenient.

I think my biggest gripe with the bike at this point in time is that it doesn't at the flick of a button condense into a palm sized carrying form that weighs almost nothing (like in the movies).
Come to think of it, the fact it doesn't imbue me with Casey Stoner's riding skills is also a missing feature....
Might have to contact Yamaha's complaint department.