Who rides your bike?

Who do you allow to ride your bike?

• No one! If you want to ride get your own bike!

Votes: 128 59.0%
  • My spouse/significant other - I love him/her too

Votes: 20 9.2%
  • Only a very close friend who can afford to pay for damage they may cause

Votes: 68 31.3%
  • I don't love my bike - I'll let anyone ride it!

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
I just started dating someone snd he asked if I ever let anyone ride my bike. I stated an emphatic NO - it's my bike! He laughed but I am dead serious. Do you allow anyone to ride your bike?

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
I used the "search" to look through threads but must not have used the right key words ("vehicle"). Thanks and sorry for the repost.

S

sm00thpapa

No one! My wife sat on it and almost dropped it and that was enough to keep her off it.

S

sm00thpapa

Isn't that her in your avatar photo??

No one rides my bike, no one even touches it!
Look with your eyes not your hands, I was always told that when I was young!

Yeah, that was her first and last time on my bike.

CZAR357

Reaction score
Visit site
I used the "search" to look through threads but must not have used the right key words ("vehicle"). Thanks and sorry for the repost.

Is it me or do the search functions on forum's in general suck? I can never seem to find anything that I want to. I probably would have done the same thing.

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site

That's cool, not every topic shows up during a search. I just knew about it as I participated in the poll, which made it very quick to find the thread. I'm just doing my part to keep the forum useful to everyone.

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Is it me or do the search functions on forum's in general suck? I can never seem to find anything that I want to. I probably would have done the same thing.

Search usually comes up kinda empty because of what folks do/don't put in the subject line. It helps to put in a concise, meaningful subject. As most of us have found as a result of search efforts, it matters for both when a thread is "live" and for when it's been archived.

Ryan T

P.P.P.P.P.P
Reaction score
Visit site
NO ONE RIDES BUT ME. Even if someone else has a motorcycle and an endorsement they still don't ride my bike. No one treats your bike like you do. You know most will want to "see what shes got" and I will never allow that.

FZyLarry

No power slides for me
Reaction score
Visit site
I have one friend that I would probably let ride it but he has never asked so... that would be NO! :thumbup:

rider1a

Reaction score
Visit site
I just started dating someone snd he asked if I ever let anyone ride my bike. I stated an emphatic NO - it's my bike! He laughed but I am dead serious. Do you allow anyone to ride your bike?

Not anyone but someone I have known and trust. I have been able to ride many, many different types of bike by simply asking. If someone does a test ride, they have to have been riding a similar cc or higher than mine and I have to be comfortable with their riding skills.

My least favorite bike I have test ridden was the Kawasaki ZX14. It simply has too much power for the street and the ergos were not good for any decent riding.

The best has been the 2004 FZ1 with Ohlin suspension w/some Ivan engine mods. Great balance between power and sport-touring ergo.

Best runner up was the Honda Goldwing 1800. The hefty girl is amazingly nimble and very comfortable for multiple 800 mile days. The surround sound is pretty nifty also since you actually hear the music.

Fred

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm the rat who said anyone can ride my bike. Kind of a safe thing for me as I am a grumpy old fart so no stranger would ask to ride it.All my friends have been riding as long as me so I don't care who rides it. Now if it was my FJR I would be a bit more picky.

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Besides my mechanic and me, No-one I have meet so far have proven worthy.
(Not that the Mech really is,- but with him I don't really have a choice,- he rides it to check his work).

mastakilla

Reaction score
Visit site
I only let one very close friend ride my bike, who rides himself, and who would be able to pay damage he causes. We well switch bikes actually, and stay together.

Philippe1985

Reaction score
Visit site
I would let people ride my bike/car. But only when I feel it's right. For the car that mostly are women. :) They don't give me the impression that they want to drive my car for checking out what the car is able to perform. Because when I feel that, I don't let them drive.
For the bike, I don't know women with a riding licence, so it didn't occur.
I did do some bike changing though.

Crotalus

Reaction score
Visit site
For the FZ6: Quite a few guys I work with have years of riding experience. Of those, 2 have been allowed a quick trip around the parking lot. To those with no insurance/motorcycle liscense or are less trustworthy, the answer is no.

For my old Honda Dual Sport: Much less stringent, but basically still be a responsible person. (Hey, I dropped that bike enough myself when I was learning)