Who likes the new macbook and mbp?

Do you like the Apples new notebook lineup?

• Yes! They are awesome.

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • No. There's no firewire on the MB & the MBP is $$$$$

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • They are alright.

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Forget macs, I'll stick with my pc.

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
I think they are great. Being a converted user I am looking to get either the new macbook or a last generation macbook pro.

Many people are complaining about no firewire on the macbook but I never ever use firewire and most new products are usb 2.0 only anyways. So to me I love it.

FZTofer

The Gamer
Reaction score
Visit site
Using one right now, and I have already told myself I would never buy a PC again... Apple----->:spank:<------PC

Scab

Nobody special
Reaction score
Visit site
I love anything Mac. I've not looked at the new Macbook, so I'll have to check it out. At work, I've got two Macs running at any given time. I'm just a Mac junkie.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mac junkie here too; but I've yet to own a laptop. The new ones may just tip the scale. Being a Mechanical Engineer, the videos of the single-piece aluminum shells being machined, found on Apple's website, are tres kool!!! I may just be picking one up as a celebration piece (see my "new job" thread in The Bar...)

hedmisten

handegraphix.com
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm on one of mine right now also. I worked as an apple tech for sometime and enjoy their unveilings. However, I wish the new laptops had push buttons like mine.

rickvan67

Junior Cheeseburger
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm on the previous generation white plastic macbook, love it, but now I kind of wish I would have waited until the new aluminum ones came out...they are sexy as hell.

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm Nimzotech and I am a PC :eek:

i-am-a-pc-and-i-am-armed.jpg

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
I still can't decide on either the new macbook 2.4 ghz or the previous gen macbook pro 2.4ghz. the MBP is actually cheaper by a little bit.

Help!!!!!

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
After seeing the benchmarks on the videocard for the new macbook I grabbed the 2.4ghz macbook with 4gb ram. I never play games and i was able to use photoshop and edit small videos just fine on my 2ghz single core imac with a horrible video card so I'm sure this will be more than enough. im actually pretty excited for the trackpad and backlit keyboard.