Who likes short shorts? (riding equipment poll)

What do you wear when you ride?

• Total voters

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Saw some kid on a 500 ex today haulin around like he was Valentino Rossi, in shorts and a tee shirt...anyways got me thinkin'....What kind of equipment do you wear? full? semi? none? etc

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
The only part I don't wear all the time is my riding pants. I need to get some mesh ones, 'cause I just can't wear them over about 85F. As soon as I get some air/mesh pants it'll be AGATT again.

netbug

Reaction score
Visit site
Are wearing shorts + full length motorcycle boots + knee pads + riding jacket + helmet + gloves ... kinda ok ?

I seriously need a mesh pants :spank:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Leather's...the best...1 piece suit for track, 2 piece suit for the road...decent Sidi boots for all riding.

Decent lid to protect the noggin!

Decent Gloves to protect the hands!

:thumbup:

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't see the ratio's changing, but far be it from me to hinder these proceedings.

Carry on if it should please you to do so.

I just want to be included too! :BLAA:

Are wearing shorts + full length motorcycle boots + knee pads + riding jacket + helmet + gloves ... kinda ok ?

I seriously need a mesh pants :spank:

They say that you shouldn't expose any skin you want to keep, but if the alternative is jeans, well it's probably better than that. :don'tknow:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Helmet , gloves , Jacket , Kevlar lined jeans check check check & check , now where are my crocs :( I need my crocs I cant ride without my crocs :spank: :spank: :spank: :D :ban:

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm going to be honest here and admit that the only thing I wear ALL the time apart from my helmet, is my Dainese gloves. :spank:

Otherwise it can vary from jeans and Cat boots with t shirt and leather waistcoat to jeans and Arlen Ness mesh jacket to 2 piece leather Dainese and Alpinestars boots or anything in between.

:ban:

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
When I started riding my long time riding Uncle said to me, "Don't worry about comfort...you should wear what you would want to be wearing if you were sliding down the interstate on your stomach at 70 mph...." That point hit home.

I never ride with exposed skin. Even my riding pants are armored. :thumbup:

A quality armored mess jacket and pants are as cool as shorts and a T-shirt in the summer as long as you are moving.

ohgood

Reaction score
Visit site
I love short shorts, but man on a bike its crazy !

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FPOzX_k0p0&feature=youtube_gdata_player]YouTube - ‪chick on a bike shot with nexus one hd tampa sr-60‬‏[/ame]

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
For those who ride without full gear "sometimes" will likely be the time you wished you had it if you know what I mean. It's not something we plan on using, but nice to have if our mental and physical skills fail.

Here's a link what you could have for the rest of your life, if you survive. Don't matter if your going 120 or 50, you can sustain the same injuries.

And why is that everyone sacrifices their legs, or it seems it's the last piece of gear they add. Besides the helmet, what makes other body parts more or less important?

Check this video out if you haven't already. It's a powerful message about gear.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-general-discussion/37522-rock-gear-skinned-alive.html

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

In compairson between the three polls, including this one, the percentage of riders on this forum riding with full gear has increased over time.

So most people are getting the point. Thanks to numerous threads regarding safety gear whether it's a review, new purchase or performance sometimes via actual crash threads with PICTURES, unfortnately at the expense of our forum riders, the message does get through.

Remember, sometimes, no amount of gear will save you, but you can minimize the risk of loss of life or minimize your injuries if you do crash. To the best of my knowledge, we have only lost one forum member due to a crash.

Ride responsibly, ride smart and with a strategy, don't give motorcyclist a bad label. Most importantly, have fun!

Last edited: