Which ways your best??

which direction do you turn best?

• Left turns ( counter clockwise )

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Right turns ( clockwise )

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • I turn bothways equally

Votes: 28 35.9%
  • I don't turn good either way ( new rider or you just suck)

Votes: 5 6.4%

• Total voters
its awkward for me because i feel more comfortable with the left handed turns but going at high speed 100+ i commit more to the right and lay down so much more comfortably so yeah that i dont understand some mind tirck i must be playing on myself....

I find I like to go left more often when at speed. The reason being, going into a left hander while on the side of the tyre I can trail the rear brake through the corner, where as on the right handers I have my toe on the foot peg so I dont wear a hole in my boot, therefore I cant regulate the speed of the rear wheel. I dont go any quicker on the lefts, I just feel more comfortable.
As for U turns ??? I dont know, they feel the same.

not sure why, but probably because i am getting on and off the highway 3 times each way to and from work, but i am more comfortable turning right, although after a track day a lot of that has been corrected.

Right or left doesn't matter to me. I just want to turn. I do however right and throw balls with both hands and waterski "single" with either foot forward....

HavBlue, how does one right with their left? :D

I prefer left turns on my dirt bike but that's because I have easier use of my rear brake when backing it in.

I favor my left. I'm left handed, but throw a ball and bat right. When it comes to putting pants on, I HAVE to put my left leg in first, if I do my right first I lose my balance. :eek: :confused:

Riding is the same way......left for me.

How did I miss this thread???

On the track left or right, no difference. That said, on some corners I am better than others. Off camber is tough, dual apex can be tough too because you want to follow the track and not the arcing line through both apex's. But that is the fun of the track, figuring out the puzzle and putting it all together. Once you figure out a turn it is the most rewarding feeling!

On the street, like a canyon, I feel more comfortable in a right hander. The reason being I apex on the white line (inside away from on coming traffic), where as a left corner I apex on the yellow line, leaning towards traffic.

Low speed turns can be very tough. I've found that if you lean the bike in deep, while you are leaning the opposite way, you can make a sharp low speed turn. They do take practice. The book Total Control has a great sequence of photos on how to do this.

Back