Which FZ6 model do I have?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the Wiki just has poor grammar.

'The FZ6 in 2006 has a revised engine, frame, subframe, grabhandle, rear swingarm and wheels are painted in black.'

Does that mean as of '06, all those parts are black? For some reason I thought that started with the '07.

Your right.

The US version, the official S2 started in 2007(my bike) The swing arm change was then, dash change was then, subframe change-I can remove the pillion pegs(bolted on, NOT welded)

As for the colors, not sure, never paid much attention to it.. My bike is all stock, original colors.

Don't believe everything on the net. If wiki posted that, most members here know thats in-correct.. :thumbup:

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
2004 and 2005 bikes have all silver parts. The 2006 model got some black parts like the swing arm, but still have silver forks. I would say that the OP's bike is definitely an '04 or '05 from the pictures.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

RoadGator

Reaction score
Visit site
How about ABS? I read somewhere that the 09's and 08 have standard ABS and the 07's only in the EU as an option, the 06's had non ABS. How true is this?

rumblestrip

Coffee Drinker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I can certainly vouch for no ABS, and the info above about chrome forks, blacked out engine and swingarm (which is the earlier, boxy one). Here's my [EDIT: faster blue] 06, and that's last year it was the S1..
99fda9385e1e1bcebcfe2b58ceb76073.jpg

PS - I can't remember if I saw another thread here a while ago, but couldn't you look up the engine number? Maybe somewhere else here can help me remember.

Last edited: