Which frame sliders with Yamaha full cowling (fairing)

acim

Reaction score
www.acim.net
I am wondering if anyone found some frame sliders which would fit on Fazer S2 with original Yamaha full fairing without cutting. If so, please let me know which one to get and post some pictures to see how it looks like.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
I am wondering if anyone found some frame sliders which would fit on Fazer S2 with original Yamaha full fairing without cutting. If so, please let me know which one to get and post some pictures to see how it looks like.

4S8W07126000_HR.jpg

this is from yamaha europe. I believe these are the GYTR frame sliders (or else yamaha wouldn't show them).

acim

Reaction score
www.acim.net
I contacted three dealers in Serbia and got three different answers :D

Yamaha Plattner - 4S8-W0741-00-00 - 200€
Yamaha Barel - 4S8-W0741-00-00 - 180€
Yamaha Rodic - says 4S8-W0741-00-00 is not available anymore, the only available is 5VX-W0741-00-01, but if fits only with subcowling and to fit with full cowling they need some extra part (extension) which they are going to find the code for, so I am still waiting for the answer from them.

Hmm, it's a question if these no-cut sliders/rollers are good at all. It's probably much safer to have slider right on the bolt.

acim

Reaction score
www.acim.net
BTW, I got answer from Yamaha Rodic that Yamaha officially does not offer frame sliders (roller protectors) for full faired Fazer S2. They told me they contacted their supervisor and this is official answer.

I think GSG is the best option (strongest because of the alloy plate under the slider on the left side of the bike).

yamaha-fz6-08-070.jpg

yamaha-fz6-08-062.jpg