which finish for Two Brothers Black series???

What finish would you choose for a Two Brothers Exhaust on a black 2008 FZ6?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jayson

Reaction score
Visit site
So, my "new to me" 2008 FZ6 will be here Saturday. I'm ready to order a Two Brothers Exhaust for it as the stock exhaust just will not do on any bike I own.
I have decided that I really like the black series and I think it would look fantastic on a black bike. Plans are already in the works to powder coat all the silver bits and pieces on the bike.

I can't decide if I should order the Ti, the Carbon or the Aluminium cans. I will be using the P1-X tips in black if I can find them somewhere.

For those of you that have or have had the Two brothers exhaust what are your opinions on the durability of each finish over several thousand miles (km).

I will be commuting 2000+km per month, plus weekend canyon rides, and some light touring with my wife... I expect to put 20,000+km on this bike every year.

I like all three set-ups, so it really comes down to what will look the best over time. BTW I am very anal about keeping my vehicles clean and shiny, so I won't be leaving any type of dirt or muck on the exhaust for more than the time it takes me to get her home.

Last edited:

Kenward

Reaction score
Visit site
CF, hands down.

Here's how it looks on mine.

DSC05918.jpg

DSC05926.jpg

DSC05938.jpg

DSC05945.jpg

I think the Titanium would look good too with some of the silver parts of the bike.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
CF, hands down.

Here's how it looks on mine.

I think the Titanium would look good too with some of the silver parts of the bike.

Your bike looks great!

Titanium would be a good finish, CF can yellow especially unevenly because of the different temperature that each can will run. The titanium finish they use now is a little different than the old titanium finish they used to use and I think it's a better finish. Other than that I like the aluminum because it's polishable. You will have to pay more attention to cleaning and polishing the aluminum. CF is not guaranteed by a lot of manufacturers if you're going to dyno the bike as well as you must keep up on your yearly packing change to keep the cans from yellowing as fast, according to Two Brothers.
The Two Brothers have a great sound and the P1X option is great.

Sith Lord

Reaction score
Visit site
CF for sure. Mine are 3 years - 30,000km and look as good as new. No special treatment other than regular car wash liquid once every couple of weeks.

Kenward

Reaction score
Visit site
Your bike looks great!

Titanium would be a good finish, CF can yellow especially unevenly because of the different temperature that each can will run. The titanium finish they use now is a little different than the old titanium finish they used to use and I think it's a better finish. Other than that I like the aluminum because it's polishable. You will have to pay more attention to cleaning and polishing the aluminum. CF is not guaranteed by a lot of manufacturers if you're going to dyno the bike as well as you must keep up on your yearly packing change to keep the cans from yellowing as fast, according to Two Brothers.
The Two Brothers have a great sound and the P1X option is great.

Thanks, Moto!

That is something to consider. I haven't heard of too many cases of yellowing CF, but it can definitely happen. As long as you will repack them on a regular basis it shouldn't be a problem though. Whatever you choose, I'm sure you'll love it!

smokenu

rubber side down
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dont count the Aluminium cans out.... mainly because I have them and I saved some $$$. They look good and sound awesome, easy to maintain. they polish up witha nice shine. And no yellowing which has been know to happen with the CF on the FZ6.

Every set up is going to change the look and SOUND of your bike, I'm sure you will be happy with anyone of the TB's:thumbup:

View attachment 34445

pic was taken with cell phone so not the best shot

bryanwny

Reaction score
Visit site
I just installed the Titanium ones on my bike. I'm not a fan of the shiny aluminum. I also don't much care for the look of their carbon weave, and after hearing about even a slight possibility of it yellowing over time, I decided not to go CF. I guess it's all a matter of personal preference :)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the titanium....they are awesome, far more durable than both CF, and Ali, have had mine 2 years, and haver had them shortened, re-packed, on the bike, off the bike, etc, etc...and they still dont have a scratch on them...lil bit of metal polish every now and then, and they polish up like new everytime...and as for weight, they weigh....nothing!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Jayson

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys,

Looks like it will be Titanium for me.
I'm really excited about this purchase. I have always purchased exhaust based on price first, then looks. Not so much this time.
Now I just have to compare the Visa balance to the bank account. Not much point is searching the 'net for a great price only to pay 19% interest on the purchase

Jayson

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks everyone!

Decision has been made. I have ordered the Two Brothers Black Titainium system from Motorcyclegear.com.

$794 for the kit and free shipping. I splurged and also picked up a Puig dark smoke double bubble. I wanted the P1-X inserts, but they were not available in black, so I found them on ebay from fly'n'cycle for $35 each.

I figured that was a good start for a motorcycle I don't even own yet. I'll be picking it up Saturday and should be riding Sunday. (i have to make a 9 hour round trip to pick her up with my trailer due to snow in the mountain passes)

Add to that a new tank bag, heated vest and heated oxford grips and I have a little bit of wrenching to do when she gets here. Can't wait. :canada::wav::canada:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Great choice! Sorry bout the snow cuz I was going to say fly me up there and I'll save you the time and ride it back for you! :BLAA:

Those Titaniums will looks so good!

Make sure to get us some pics and congratulations!

Kenward

Reaction score
Visit site
The CF cans look great! My question is where did you get that passenger seat cowl?! And will it fit my 2009?

I believe it is the TCP Seat Cowl. I don't own one, but here is one place that has them for sale.

TCP 2007-09 Yamaha FZ6 - Seat Cowl

Thanks, man!

Hit the nail on the head! That's exactly where I got mine, and yes it will. The colors for the '08 and '09s are the same.

OP, congrats on the the new bike, you'll love the exhaust!

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
So, my "new to me" 2008 FZ6 will be here Saturday. I'm ready to order a Two Brothers Exhaust for it as the stock exhaust just will not do on any bike I own.
I have decided that I really like the black series and I think it would look fantastic on a black bike. Plans are already in the works to powder coat all the silver bits and pieces on the bike.

I can't decide if I should order the Ti, the Carbon or the Aluminium cans. I will be using the P1-X tips in black if I can find them somewhere.

For those of you that have or have had the Two brothers exhaust what are your opinions on the durability of each finish over several thousand miles (km).

I will be commuting 2000+km per month, plus weekend canyon rides, and some light touring with my wife... I expect to put 20,000+km on this bike every year.

I like all three set-ups, so it really comes down to what will look the best over time. BTW I am very anal about keeping my vehicles clean and shiny, so I won't be leaving any type of dirt or muck on the exhaust for more than the time it takes me to get her home.
Get the Alu's to save a bit of money and get them powder-coated/ceramic-coated black. That's what I'd love to do with mine (alu scorpions on an all-black bike). Alu is not much heavier than titanium and you can use the money you save to pay for the black coating. Also, the massive carbon fibre pattern on those cans is weird to my taste!