Which exhaust is better?

bossdoc83

Loud pipes save lives!
Reaction score
Visit site
I have have a Two Brothers slip-on and love it.:thumbup: What about Leo Vince, Scorpians or any others out there and how do you like it?

E

exhaust

Its all in what you like. I have the Carbon Two Brothers exhaust and love it. I think it looks and sounds the best on a FZ 6. I did alot of research and I am glad I went with the Two Brothers Racing exhaust.
007-2.jpg

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
I initially wanted the 2 Bros exhaust, but I think we FZ6'ers get too hung up on the cone end look, the contention being that it "looks best" on the FZ6. I disagree....there isn't an aftermarket exhaust that doesn't look good on an FZ6...it suits them all. :thumbup:
I had cone-end "megaphones" (as they used to be called a century ago) on all my Triumphs and BSA's...it was THE "racing look" back in the day, along with "swept back racing pipes" and, of course, clip-ons and rearsets to complete The Look.
Aftermarket exhausts on an FZ6 improve both the appearance and sound....performance gains are probably minimal, if at all, but holy cow, does that R6-based motor sound FABULOUS in full howl with my Scorpions. It reminds me of the racing 4 cylinder bikes of the 60's, and that's good enough for this ol' crock. :Sport:

Scorp2.jpg

Scorp1.jpg

Mr.Spoofy

Reaction score
Visit site
I hope to order my exhaust in the week. (birthday gift from the wife)
Leaning toward the Scorpions for the price. What if any is the sound difference in the Stainless and the carbon fiber? Then finding someone who has them in stock will be the next trick.

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
I wanted the Scorpions at first. Then the 2Bros. I settled for the Leo Vince EVO II's in Carbon Fiber. I needed the exhaust to fit with my Givi Luggage rack, the Scorps would not have fit (too wide i think) and the 2bros were very expensive. On a note the finish quality is outstanding on the Leo's. Also i believe they are ones of the only that come with a Cat Elim Pipe. Also people had noticed the exhaust came out of one side more than the other with 2Bros, Scorps...With the Leo's its not an issue, the way they have the Y-pipe designed is one of the best around. I've been very impressed with them :thumbup: ! As far as sound i love it! I have the cat elim pipe on, i took the baffles out, i'm sure its as loud as all the others!
Pics of them here: http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/5875-leo-vince-evo-ii-sbk-cf-exhausts.html

DrummerBoy83

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently installed the Two brothers exhaust on my 06, and I went out riding with a moto group that I ride with, and there were a lot of compliments on the sound. A few people said they couldnt believe that sound was coming out of a 600. I was also told that our bike sounds like, a bike is supposed to, with the two brothers installed. I could not be more happy with the exhaust. Best money I have spent yet.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I love my Akrapovics, perfect fit, and be stock quiet or Superbike loud! I like the Ti looks of the cans too. :thumbup:

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
I still have stock, but am looking at the Devils. I disagree with Onetrack on one point, there is one exhaust I've seen that is ugly on the FZ6...that would be the Yoshimura system. Always makes me think of jamming a triangle peg in a circular hole.

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The question.. "which looks better" is like asking "how long is a piece of string"...lol

I just fitted Al' Leo's to my '04, best thing I have ever done... (well, actually, it's the only mod to my bike...lol).

I've seen vids on YT for scorps, 2Bro's, and those 4-pipes things (sorry, the name eludes me at the moment), they all sound as good as each other.

For me, the local shop had the Leo's in stock, and am very very happy with my purchase.

:)

bossdoc83

Loud pipes save lives!
Reaction score
Visit site
Here is a pic of my Two Bro's... I put it on about a year or so ago... Pardon the dirt, needs a bath. I'm sure you will also notice the zip-tie's holding the plate. I had plastic nuts and bolts and broke one and never got another... lol... also I put on the fender eliminator and if I remember correctly it came with the exhaust. On the front I put on smoked flush mount blinkers. I'm thinking about getting the double bubble smoked screen. Anyways, just wanted to show off my bike! :cool: Not the cleanest or best looking but dammit it runs and it's mine:D

jsp

Easyrider
Reaction score
Visit site
(...) there is one exhaust I've seen that is ugly on the FZ6...that would be the Yoshimura system. Always makes me think of jamming a triangle peg in a circular hole.

It is your opinion, but i think you're wrong. It looks nice and has proven performance. :Sport:

paulman

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the M4s in carbon fiber and have been happy with them. I think they are the best looking of any of the pipes but thats just my opinion. I listened to clips of most of the available exhausts out there for the fz6 and thought they all sounded really good. Im not sure there is really a bad decision when it comes to this if you stick with the major brands such as m4, two bros, vance and hines etc.

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
I still have stock, but am looking at the Devils. I disagree with Onetrack on one point, there is one exhaust I've seen that is ugly on the FZ6...that would be the Yoshimura system. Always makes me think of jamming a triangle peg in a circular hole.

You got a pic of the Yoshi's for the FZ6? (cant seem to find a image of them)

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got the Laser quad setup - I like the look and the sound. I normally get compliments but much like any exhaust it's llargely subjective so I'm sure there's others who don't like it. I was a PITA to install due to numerous small brackets and associated assembly.

I did have the guy who inspected the bike this year tell me it was "too bling for that bike" but he's got an essentially chromed street-fighter with a fart can and 8-foot wide bars so I'm pretty sure he had to be kidding.

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
my buddy just ordered a set of the scorpions wed. and they came in today and he put them in at our shop and they are the new style like someone else had. not the old style like oscarg85 has. so i guess that style is no more and the price is the same! they look great and sound really good too! Great value for the money they were the Scorpion SS Ovals with the new tip!

bossdoc83

Loud pipes save lives!
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got the Laser quad setup - I like the look and the sound. I normally get compliments but much like any exhaust it's llargely subjective so I'm sure there's others who don't like it. I was a PITA to install due to numerous small brackets and associated assembly.

I did have the guy who inspected the bike this year tell me it was "too bling for that bike" but he's got an essentially chromed street-fighter with a fart can and 8-foot wide bars so I'm pretty sure he had to be kidding.

You have a video or sound clip? Would love to hear what your exhaust sounds like! Also, how about pics under the tail?