Where to find rearsets?

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Yo guys & gals! I need some help finding rearsets. I've been looking at valtermoto and rizoma, but haven't found anyone who sells them for the FZ6 yet. Also, are there any other types that you would recommend? :)

Thanks,
Chris

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Another nice brand is Gilles Tooling. Kneedraggers has them.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Another nice brand is Gilles Tooling. Kneedraggers has them.

Gilles....very nice kit....freakin expensive though...but, like Rizoma, you get what you pay for, i say go the Valtermoto's, reasonably priced, top notch quality. I love mine, almost the best mod i have done.

:thumbup:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks a bunch guys! I'm leaning towards the VM type 2.. The price isn't too bad and they look great :)

Nelly: Thanks for that bit of info, however one of the main reasons I want rearsets is to get rid of those rubber footrests.

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
Probably want to take a look at Wolfmans thread on those valtermotos. I think he had a minor issue on the install with his brake lights since they are a racing set.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
One idea I was toying with, and this hasn't gone past the, "Hummm...what if???", phase yet. Is to take OSO2K set back plates and mount up a set of stock R6 rearsets. I don't see why it wouldn't work and all I would need is a set of R6 rearsets as I all ready have a pair of OSO's plates. I think the only tricky part would be getting the shift rod correct. I'm assuming the rear brake would be very easy to get going.

I agree with Chris and Wolfman that getting rid of the rubber mounts will greatly improve the ability to "free" the traction of the tires and the shifting of the gearbox (Which I've never had a problem with. I guess I need to ride more bikes newer than 25 years old! :rolleyes:)

What do y'all think of that idea??? Fred can you say, "Next project?"

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
One idea I was toying with, and this hasn't gone past the, \"Hummm...what if???\", phase yet. Is to take OSO2K set back plates and mount up a set of stock R6 rearsets. I don't see why it wouldn't work and all I would need is a set of R6 rearsets as I all ready have a pair of OSO's plates. I think the only tricky part would be getting the shift rod correct. I'm assuming the rear brake would be very easy to get going.

I agree with Chris and Wolfman that getting rid of the rubber mounts will greatly improve the ability to \"free\" the traction of the tires and the shifting of the gearbox (Which I've never had a problem with. I guess I need to ride more bikes newer than 25 years old! :rolleyes:)

What do y'all think of that idea??? Fred can you say, \"Next project?\"

Sounds like a great plan, probably a lot cheaper than buying aftermarket.

Was riding with an 04 R6 tonight, and i did notice how nice the OEM rearsets were. Only issue i can see would be as you said, getting the right length shift rod, and you may need to go outside of the frame with the shift rod, rather than inside like FZ6 OEM Rearsets.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like a great plan, probably a lot cheaper than buying aftermarket.

Was riding with an 04 R6 tonight, and i did notice how nice the OEM rearsets were. Only issue i can see would be as you said, getting the right length shift rod, and you may need to go outside of the frame with the shift rod, rather than inside like FZ6 OEM Rearsets.

I agree, the shift rod will be an issue. That is the nice thing about buying a rearset that is designed for the bike, it just fits, instead of rigging something up.

sideslider

Reaction score
Visit site
Do these replacement rear sets make much difference? They dont seem to adjust very far, it doesn't seem like a little adjsutment this smallwould make a difference?

thx

mattcosta7

Reaction score
www.matthewcostabile.com
Do these replacement rear sets make much difference? They dont seem to adjust very far, it doesn't seem like a little adjsutment this smallwould make a difference?

thx

an inch in the right places, feels like a large move.

The setbacks feel VERY different from the stock. I'm sure the Gilles, Valters and Rizomas would feel very different as well.

One thing is that the valters mount shiftrod OUTSIDE frame

Rizoma is inside. I'm not sure about Gilles

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
I forgot about this thread. Thanks for all of your opinions and advice! I decided to save up for the Rizomas and maybe get the foldable footpegs as well. After a bit of research I found that the cheapest place to get them is from Carpimoto :)