Where to Find Inexpensive Footpegs?

Pickax

Fasta Bloo... and Black
Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone know if there are any footpegs available for the FZ6 that cost around or less than $30?

I've looked a lot on ebay and a lot of sites that sell motorcycle parts and it seems like there are very few options even available, much less that are affordable.

I'm not too worried about how they look (within reason) and I only ride on the street so I don't need anything special function-wise. I just want a set I can get pretty soon without putting down a lot of money right at the moment.

Thanks for any help!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone know if there are any footpegs available for the FZ6 that cost around or less than $30?

I've looked a lot on ebay and a lot of sites that sell motorcycle parts and it seems like there are very few options even available, much less that are affordable.

I'm not too worried about how they look (within reason) and I only ride on the street so I don't need anything special function-wise. I just want a set I can get pretty soon without putting down a lot of money right at the moment.

Thanks for any help!
Hi mate, Welcome to the site.
Check out Lucky Irish boys foot plate inserts. They are an excellent one off product that really do the job.
I also believe that the R6 peg is about $16.00.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/bikes-parts-sale/11148-new-screw-plates.html

http://www.600riders.com/forum/product-reviews/12758-luckyirishboy209-pegs.html

Nelly

Last edited:

luckyirishboy209

custom fz6 foot peg maker
Reaction score
Visit site
i sell my screw-in plates for $35.00, all you have to do is unscrew the rubber grips on the stock foot pegs and screw in my plates. do not buy any off of ebay unless they are OEM r6 foot pegs. i bought some off of ebay one time and they didnt fit and the were cheaply made. here is a link of my foot pegs and i think their is a post on their where to get some R6 pegs for around $16.00 each. take a look
http://www.600riders.com/forum/bikes-parts-sale/11148-new-screw-plates-2.html#post163922

davidsa1

Naked is more fun.
Reaction score
Visit site
Damn Lucky that is the first time I read your thread, you took some hits and unjustly so. I have only seen pictures of your pegs but they definatley look like a great product. When (if) I start doing track days I will most definatley get some. Keep up the good work, i'm sure many appreciate it!:thumbup:

Pickax

Fasta Bloo... and Black
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions.

I looked at the R6 pegs and I think they're alright but the price for two with shipping is a little high. The best deal I could find was from Ron Ayers.

I may end up getting a set from Lucky in the near future. I think I might just have to mull over it a little while. That price for some high quality pegs that I know will fit is definitely reasonable so I think I'll just need to tell myself that for a day or two.

Thanks again for the help. Don't be surprised if you get a pm pretty soon, Lucky.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi David,

Don't just think that they are suitable for track day application.

I ride all year round and really disliked the lack of standard peg grip and feel especially in the wet.

The foot plates totally correct this problem. Although Josh has two models for sale. The foot plates are not the poor cousin. I have seen both models side by side and the quality is spot on.

The advantage of the foot plates IMHO is that they can also be installed with a thin rubber backing. This reduces the vibrations to nil.

Nelly:thumbup:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i sell my screw-in plates for $35.00, all you have to do is unscrew the rubber grips on the stock foot pegs and screw in my plates. do not buy any off of ebay unless they are OEM r6 foot pegs. i bought some off of ebay one time and they didnt fit and the were cheaply made. here is a link of my foot pegs and i think their is a post on their where to get some R6 pegs for around $16.00 each. take a look
http://www.600riders.com/forum/bikes-parts-sale/11148-new-screw-plates-2.html#post163922
Sorry Josh I forgot to add the link in my original post.
I will sticky this in the MODS section so that people can find them easier.

Nelly

Pickax

Fasta Bloo... and Black
Reaction score
Visit site
I forgot to mention:

Thanks for the welcome, Nelly.

I've lurked on here for a while cause this place is so helpful for anything FZ6.

It's also great that there are things available like these footpegs and the headlight mod harness through this forum. It's amazing the kind of community you've all got going here.

...I also thought about it for a while and I'm ordering some of the pegs from Luckyirishboy. It didn't take long to decide.:thumbup:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I forgot to mention:

Thanks for the welcome, Nelly.

I've lurked on here for a while cause this place is so helpful for anything FZ6.

It's also great that there are things available like these footpegs and the headlight mod harness through this forum. It's amazing the kind of community you've all got going here.

...I also thought about it for a while and I'm ordering some of the pegs from Luckyirishboy. It didn't take long to decide.:thumbup:
You will not be disappointed in you purchase.
Good luck mate, don't forget to post some pictures of your bike.
It may be an idea to introduce yourself in the new members section to.

Nelly

doc_simple

Meat Popsickle
Reaction score
Visit site
yup, think I am sold on these pegs. Just bought some A* MX-5's, not gonna kill the soles with this, am I?

Thanks

Sorry to threadjack :)

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Pickax, welcome! :welcome:

I looked the stock ones up and they are about $21.95 for the metal part of the assembly. Is there something in particular you want in a peg, looks, replace a damaged one, etc.?

Pickax

Fasta Bloo... and Black
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Pickax, welcome! :welcome:

I looked the stock ones up and they are about $21.95 for the metal part of the assembly. Is there something in particular you want in a peg, looks, replace a damaged one, etc.?

Hellgate,

I had to replace a broken stock peg but I was disappointed in the looks, function, and (in the end) durability of the pegs. They just weren't my type of thing. In all fairness, it broke when I was pulling the bike out of my shed and overestimated my ability to keep the bike up and dropped it softly into the dirt (first time getting it out and I was used to a GZ250). As such, don't anybody worry that your stock peg is gonna break while you're just riding around. :D

Thanks for looking that up, though. I saw that and I didn't think the price was justified for something I was gonna end up not liking. I can swing the extra bucks for something different. I have a lot of hobbies and I've started to realize sometimes it's better for me to go ahead and drop a few more dollars ahead of time rather than trying to replace things again later. You guys helped remind me of that. That said, I don't think I'll be buying Rizoma rearsets any time soon (despite the fact that they look awesome).

Thanks for the welcome!

luckyirishboy209

Reaction score
Visit site
yup, think I am sold on these pegs. Just bought some A* MX-5's, not gonna kill the soles with this, am I?

Thanks

Sorry to threadjack :)

i ride a pair of icons and they havent tore up my soles at all. and i use to ride in shoes and never hade a problem. i cant promise you they wont:D i think you will be fine. if you are realy worried about your boots i can make a pair for you with more of a mild grip. but i never hade any problems with my boots, might want to ask around to the odnes that bought a pair and get their feed back on how their shoes do? here a link of the ones who bought some. if you want me to make a custome pair for you that are more tame and mild grips just let me know.

luckyirishboy209

Reaction score
Visit site
Hellgate,

I had to replace a broken stock peg but I was disappointed in the looks, function, and (in the end) durability of the pegs. They just weren't my type of thing. In all fairness, it broke when I was pulling the bike out of my shed and overestimated my ability to keep the bike up and dropped it softly into the dirt (first time getting it out and I was used to a GZ250). As such, don't anybody worry that your stock peg is gonna break while you're just riding around. :D

Thanks for looking that up, though. I saw that and I didn't think the price was justified for something I was gonna end up not liking. I can swing the extra bucks for something different. I have a lot of hobbies and I've started to realize sometimes it's better for me to go ahead and drop a few more dollars ahead of time rather than trying to replace things again later. You guys helped remind me of that. That said, I don't think I'll be buying Rizoma rearsets any time soon (despite the fact that they look awesome).

Thanks for the welcome!

got your pm:thumbup: do me a favor and when you recive my full pegs hold mine in one hand and hold the stock in the other hand and see the differnts. i was blowen aways when i did this, feel how much stronger mine will be compare to the stock. (trust me you will be shocked). this forum is the best place to get help with anything about your FZ. these people are some of the best people you will ever talk to. i went to others Fz6 forums and got nothing but rude coments and people talking trast over a question about my bike. you will not get that here, any time i have ever hade a prob i just ask and i got my answer right away, save me tons of money for not going to the dealer. its a good and stong brother and sister hood here.

P.S. (just dont do a oil thread, i learnd the hard way lol.)

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hellgate,

Thanks for the welcome!
I have not incurred any wear or damage to my Heine Gericke boots. The have a softish sole.

Nelly

VUU

VW gearhead
Reaction score
Visit site
Not much available for passenger pegs, may be best to get the stockers powder coated, if you can wait without them for a while, many shops can do it for much cheaper if you are willing to wait until they have a large order to fill in the color you want, otherwise it usually isn't much for small parts anyways.