Where my fz6 story ends...

Bram

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Oh man, I just turned on my computer and this is the first thing I read. It sucks when an FZ6 goes down.

I'm sorry about your bike.
But we're all happy that you came out of the accident alive and well, thanks to your gear. You should be able to get insurance money that covers all your expenses.
Which means.....Bike shopping-time! Hope you are in better luck with the next bike :thumbup:

Philippe1985

Reaction score
Visit site

Philippe1985

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh right, it is in Dutch, so let me translate:
There is minimal damage at the akrapovic logo. And right under the tear in the logo there is a surface scratch to the exhaust. Nothing deep or whatever, no dents at all. That's why I also placed a picture from above. The exhaust has been running for 100km, which I can proof with my certificate of purchase. So it comes down to the fact that it is nearly new and has minimal cosmetic damage.

Philippe1985

Reaction score
Visit site
I am really feeling happy because so many of us are now considering a back protector. I really think that the lessons we all learn by this accident can prevent further serious injury. This is why I like this forum. The people on it seem much more reasonable and sensitive to safety than on other forum.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Really sorry to hear about your accident Philippe, the pics look pretty bad :eek:

Hope yoú are OK and didn't have too much physical damage.

Pleased to hear that the pipes found a good home.

Hope the insurance pays out soon, don't forget even with an other bike it'll be great if you stay on this forum :thumbup:

Last edited:

bugsterkiton

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Phil,
Sorry for the bike, but happy you are safe. We can buy a lot of bikes but we only have one life. I ordered a back protec this evening. A lot of pleasure with your new FZ8.
Philippe ;-)

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, I was in a corner and there was a car coming from the other direction. And then the car suddenly turned in the middle of the corner into a driveway...

Ah yes, I just love it when some slow-poke moron suddenly can't wait 3 seconds for oncoming traffic to go by. :spank: I see it semi-regularly on my mountain road commute, always something to watch for.

Glad you made it out ok! Looking at the damage to the moto, looks like it could've been real ugly. :eek: This thread reminded me to stop being cheap and just order the dang back protector insert for my Alpinestars jacket! Been putting that off for far too long. :tard: