Where do you work and what do you do?

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
Enterprise Application Development, Systems, Tools & Process Engineering at a CalTech/NASA Research Center in Pasadena, CA.

Tremulant

It's not over...
Reaction score
Visit site
Graphic Designer in Salt Lake City, Utah
My job is very secure thank goodness! :D

man, we have quite an eclectic bunch here, don't we?

Cuba

Reaction score
Visit site
Finance director for a chain of office furniture dealerships. I oversee the accounting department, try to make sure the company doesn't waste money, handle financing and bank relations, and strategic planning. I hang out here when running reports.

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
Lol, did anybody else think of Kindergarten cop when you read the title of the thread?

Arnold voice: "Who is your daddy, and what does he do?"

Could just be me...:spank:

Anyways, I'm an Electrical / Application Engineer for a Cadence Design Systems VAR.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Project Manager (we're called "Program Managers" in this market) for an aerospace company in LA. We design, manufacture and sell custom power distribution assemblies (a box full of electronic and electro-mechanical stuff) for commercial aircraft, business jets, tanks, missiles, trains...etc...

Jim Karam

Trying to Keep Up
Reaction score
www.karam.com
I'm retired. My last job was as Senior VP, Engineering and Program Management at Cubic Transportation Systems, the worldwide leader in transit system fare collection systems. Since retirement, I've written a book Managing Systems Development 101, on sale at [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Managing-Systems-Development-101-Commercial/dp/0791802582[/ame] , and I volunteer for SCORE (Service Corps of Retired Executives) that mentors small businesses as an arm of the SBA.

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm an asset surveyor working in telecoms. My employer is Arqiva. they own about 18000 telecoms and TV/radio broadcast masts across the UK. We also broadcast all of Sky, ITV, C4 and C5's digital content and own about 20 radio stations. I hope to get RICS qualified within the year

Tremulant

It's not over...
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm retired. My last job was as Senior VP, Engineering and Program Management at Cubic Transportation Systems, the worldwide leader in transit system fare collection systems. Since retirement, I've written a book Managing Systems Development 101, on sale at http://www.amazon.com/Managing-Systems-Development-101-Commercial/dp/0791802582 , and I volunteer for SCORE (Service Corps of Retired Executives) that mentors small businesses as an arm of the SBA.

Wow Jim, That's a nice resume you've got! I can't wait until I'm retired and can focus on the important things like relaxing, traveling, reading and riding motorcycles. Nice job on the book! :rockon:

Mr.Spoofy

Reaction score
Visit site
I do computer drafting and design work for a civil engineering firm.
I make crap flow downhill, then pump it some where to be treated.

Targa222

Bike nooob
Reaction score
Visit site
I work at red lobster lol dishwasher at the moment, should be getting my raise to production soon whoot!!
But im only 18 so i guess 10$/hour aint bad for me..

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
I do AutoCad drafting for a Geologic Consulting firm - we work mostly with mining companies (sand & gravel) and we do environmental consulting as well. I basically get paid to draw and color. We had layoffs about a month ago (first time in 20 years the company has been in existence) and those of us who were left got a 10% pay reduction.

In October I was laid off from the engineering firm I was working for - they are still laying off.

Oh yeah, I'm in Albany, NY

fzsnuh

Reaction score
Visit site
I am currently student teaching. I will graduate in 4 weeks with my degree in Middle Grades Education. I am currently filling out teaching applications. I plan to teach Math or Science. (those are my two areas of emphasis) Hopefully, this summer I will be working at the law firm I have worked at for almost ten years as a clerk until August when I start teaching.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sprague Energy - Server/SAN Engineer - If it's in the data centers and server/SAN related, I'm responsible for it.

I also run our parent company as well, 100% virtualized. :D
I have no idea what you just said lol.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I work at red lobster lol dishwasher at the moment, should be getting my raise to production soon whoot!!
But im only 18 so i guess 10$/hour aint bad for me..
The first job I ever had was "Chef de plonge" aka dishwasher. It taught me loads:
Where two thirds of my pay check went.
How to become a contributing member of society

But most importantly, how to graft my arse off.

Fair play to ya.

Nelly