Wheel stripes, how do you do it?

cbzdel

Reaction score
Visit site
I got a set of the wheels stripes off of ebay, they were the pre-curved ones as well. I couldn't get the straight at all! How do you do it, is there a secret that I have yet to learn, after I killed the first three stripes I decided to just practice and I didnt get a single strip in the whole kit to look decent! The color looked good but they were nowhere close to straight and it was completely noticeable!

I am thinking about getting the kit from cycle gear that has the install tool with it..

fz6nick

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Visit site
I got a set of the wheels stripes off of ebay, they were the pre-curved ones as well. I couldn't get the straight at all! How do you do it, is there a secret that I have yet to learn, after I killed the first three stripes I decided to just practice and I didnt get a single strip in the whole kit to look decent! The color looked good but they were nowhere close to straight and it was completely noticeable!

I am thinking about getting the kit from cycle gear that has the install tool with it..

I just got my stripes saturday. I put on the rear tire today. got the 8 dollar ones of ebay.

I just went super super slow and eyeballed the distance to the inside part of the rim. If you just go slow and fix your mistakes by lifting it back up, it will look good

FZyLarry

No power slides for me
Reaction score
Visit site
No real trick, just clean the wheel really wel, get in a well lighted area and go slow. I got mine off EBay as well and they were somewhat forgiving - if they weren't as straight as you liked and you hadn't pressed them on real hard, you could peel them back and go again.

Slow & steady wins the race

phocoyote7

Reaction score
Visit site
Slow and steady is the key, even then you still are probably going to be off a little here and there.

After I put mine on I can see where the flaws are, but is good enough that they don't look bad and don't wobble when I ride. I have the white reflective.

I found another set that I like better and that don't connect, it will be four seperate stripes from Krazie Graphics on ebay. Says fits R1 and R6, think it will be ok for FZ6R. Will post a pic when bike is all done.