wheel bushing

socker77

Reaction score
Visit site
So I got a new Micheline Pilot road tire and when the guy put it back on the front axel the two wheel bushings he didn't snug them up to the wheel or anything. My question is Are those bushings supposed to be pressed into the wheel or is it alright for them to actually be hitting the forks instead?

Re: wheel bushing // Tell us more!

Are you talking the bushing/sleeve right next to the fork?

If those are loose, the axle bolt has not been properly torqued before the pinch bolts were tightened. Thats not Good At ALL! They should NOT Move!

But before I jump to conclusions, can post a pic or point it out in the service manual showing what you're talking about.

So I got a new Micheline Pilot road tire and when the guy put it back on the front axel the two wheel bushings he didn't snug them up to the wheel or anything. My question is Are those bushings supposed to be pressed into the wheel or is it alright for them to actually be hitting the forks instead?

Per the owners manual (calibers already mounted) take the bike OFF THE CENTER STAND, tighten the axle first, then the pinch bolt, then the calibers to spec.

This centers everything up..

Back