What's a fair price?

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm thinking of going for an Aprilia Tuono that I have been eyeing....more of a passionate move than a logical move since there is nothing wrong with my bike.

I bought my bike new April, 2008. I have about 4900miles. I have a few add ons such as the Givi trunk, frame sliders, Puig screen and lower Yamaha seat. It has never been dropped, but I do ride a few times a week, so it is not new. How much do you guys I could get for it? Honest opinions are appreciated. Thanks. Zip code is 02459
KBB Trade in to a dealer $3775
KBB Retail $5445
Motorcycle Consumer News July edition $5360

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
I would try to sell all of your accessories separately instead of letting them go with your FZ6. Used bike values seldom include extra equipment, and you'll usually lose a great deal of their original value. The frame sliders would be a good item to leave on the bike upon selling it though.

BTW, the Aprilia Tuono is a bike I've also been keeping my eye on. If you get it, please give us a full ride report!!!

rockmurf

Reaction score
Visit site
There is a dealer in Maryland that sells Aprilias really cheap. Like 8-9k for a new 08 Tuono. Sorry I can't remember their name but if you google aprilia in md i am sure they will pop up and the info is on their website. You don't need to dance with someone to get the price. It terms of selling your bike i saw one go on ebay three days ago, 08 with like 800 miles mint sold for 4250. You can through kbb and consumers and nada out the window. If you have/need to sell and someone offers you cash you sell. Times are tough and their are alot of bikes trying to get sold, just like houses, and the resale books haven't changed to adapt to what is now. good luck. You don't have a whole lot of extras so you may consider leaving them on to help someone make a decision to buy yours.

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the good advice. I agree that times are tough and I would think that I am lucky if I can get close to $5k. As for the aftermarket bits, they are all useful stuff that I should be able to sell - PUIG screen, motivation frame sliders, and especially the diffucult to get Yamaha lowered seat.

As for 08 Tuono for $8-9k that is anexcellent price. This guy bought his as a left over a year ago, so it still has a one year warranty and he wants less than $8k for it. Plus, it has LeoVince exhausts....:cool:)