What would you "upgrade" your FZ6 to?

What bike would you replace your FZ6 with if you had to?

• FZ1

Votes: 55 32.2%
  • FZ8

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • R6

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • R1

Votes: 17 9.9%
  • Bandit 600/GSXF-600

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yamaha Diversion/XJ6

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • A different bike (post below)

Votes: 78 45.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
These have been growing on me quite a bit over the past few months. Might just have to be the next one in the stable :thumbup:

Honda CB1000R

CB1000R_35.jpg

i will have to say its hard to beat the b-king for a naked bike upgrade for 8k theres not many left or made in the us so its really rare... but u cant buy any other bike in the us new for less then 8k with more features or hp.
and i am not saying this because i bought one but its really true!

After I added a ZX-6rr to the stable, my FZ6 was my tourer/commuter. Eventually replaced it with an 800GS.

I miss the FZ's top end power, but around town the torquey-twin makes life easy. It's a bit better off-road too :)

I like that Speed Triple, but I've noticed that I do a lot of two up riding, a lot more than I thought. But since I'm not ready to drop large coin on a Goldwing or Electraglide, I think it would be a Honda ST1300.

31255802-M.jpg

I don't think I will ever sell my FZ if for any reason it is ever damaged ill replace it with another... however I definately will own other motorcycles...

next on the list are these...

Z1000 for the twisties...

SV650 for the track bike...

and the FJR1300 for the two up mile eater...

I just test rode a Triumph Speed Triple. Oh, wow!!! It's like riding a saddled lion. I have no plans on replacing my FZ-6 but I may have to get a Speed Triple too.

I just upgraded to a 2003 R1. Had the Fazer for over 3 years and hardly took a pillion, so thought "bugger it" and moved to the R1. Will miss the fazer a lot but at my time in life just now, the R1 is the winner. I wont be single and 25 forever so needed to make the most of it. If I moved onto a BMW GS or FZ1 or something i would always be left wondering what it would be like to have an R1....they rock!

In the next couple of years I'd like to move up to a zx14. It's strong enough to handle my huge ass and a pillion and should still be a lot of fun in the twisties. It's obviously crazy powerful but it seems tame now compared to the superbikes that are pushing 200bhp these days. It's also ugly in a way that only its owner can love (unlike the busa, which is just ugly).

172.jpg

I've fallen in and out of love with a few bikes since I got the FZ6 but this is the one that's stuck. The can has to go but otherwise, I think it looks great.

I sat on one of these at the Seattle Motorcycle Show last year, it felt excellent, fitting my 6'4" frame just fine. I'm excited to get a test ride in on one of them sometime next year.

In the next couple of years I'd like to move up to a zx14. It's strong enough to handle my huge ass and a pillion and should still be a lot of fun in the twisties. It's obviously crazy powerful but it seems tame now compared to the superbikes that are pushing 200bhp these days. It's also ugly in a way that only its owner can love (unlike the busa, which is just ugly).

172.jpg

I've fallen in and out of love with a few bikes since I got the FZ6 but this is the one that's stuck. The can has to go but otherwise, I think it looks great.

I sat on one of these at the Seattle Motorcycle Show last year, it felt excellent, fitting my 6'4" frame just fine. I'm excited to get a test ride in on one of them sometime next year.
I wish I was big enough to ride a proper big bike. I think it's crazy the newer ZZRs have traction control too. AWWWWWESOME! :rockon:

dang kpaul that is a sweet bike. the only decision i have come too as far as what bike i'd upgrade to is to have multiple bikes. the bmw adventure bikes have been my weakness for a while but other people are coming out with some very nice ones too i.e. yamaha. i rode a buell once and it was the 1st bike that scared me, it had some power. but i could roll on a ducati and be happy too.

I've been thinking about this lots lately. My Fazer is starting to get a little tired, and I must say a little boring :spank: :ban: I've had her for 3 years now, and she was my first road bike after passing my test. I've got no regrets at all, she's been great at everything. When I manage to get some money together I'll be going for a KTM 990 SMT. Amazing allrounder which should keep my happy for a long time!

Back