What would you "upgrade" your FZ6 to?

What bike would you replace your FZ6 with if you had to?

• FZ1

Votes: 55 32.2%
  • FZ8

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • R6

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • R1

Votes: 17 9.9%
  • Bandit 600/GSXF-600

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yamaha Diversion/XJ6

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • A different bike (post below)

Votes: 78 45.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been worrying about what would happen if my FZ6 got trashed! It's the perfect bike for me after I fettled it a bit. A great blend of looks, comfort, performance. A real mid-range sport tourer.

What I'd like to know is what people would buy if their bike was trashed and they couldn't buy another FZ6...

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
I think the FZ6 will be with me another year or two. Then I think a FZ1 or a Z1000, of course a CB1000R is not out of the question either.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
FJR. :rockon:

Lately I've been doing more long trips on my bike and would like to be able to take the wife sometimes. A cruiser is out of the question, just not for me...I need a bike that can do serious miles without giving me a limp but still be fun to push through some sweepers.

Sparkybean

Reaction score
Visit site
Had a few test rides on other bikes from power cruisers to litre sportsbikes. My fave by a long way was a Street triple R. I would love a go on a Speed triple, but I reckon it might be overkill, the Street triple R was a perfect bike.

fb40dash5

Reaction score
Visit site
A V-Strom 650 for me. I wanted one before I bought my FZ6, but couldn't find a used one nearby. Went into the Honda dealer yesterday to look at a couple things, and they now have an '05 with bundles of Motech parts on it, in the color I wanted. Dangit.

humanAfterAll

Reaction score
Visit site
I think I would forsake the Japanese for the Brits and grab up a Triumph Speed Triple or maybe even a Norton Cafe Classic.

Edit: That's only if money weren't an issue. In reality it'd probably be an sv650.

Last edited:

rjo3491

Missing The Fiz-Sometimes
Reaction score
Visit site
Earlier this week down in Tennessee, I spent 10 minutes talking to an middle age guy (much like myself) from Connecticut on a Triumph Tiger. It was on older one, he had just rolled it over 45K [miles]. Looked like a good sport touring option - I think I'm going to look further into one.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I was trying to list the bikes that people here usually upgrade to. I'd forgotten about the FJR though! I was considering adding the old/new VFR to the list too.

I'm surprised about how popular the naked Triumph is though. I though most of the owners here chose the FZ6 over the other options for the additional protection/sport-touring facilities the half-fairing offers!

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
The z1000 is a nice looking bike... Maybe a triumph speed or street though... i love their powerband... that being said i just bought a bike so the FZ6 would be my "upgrade" :thumbup: