What would you "upgrade" your FZ6 to?

What bike would you replace your FZ6 with if you had to?

• FZ1

Votes: 55 32.2%
  • FZ8

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • R6

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • R1

Votes: 17 9.9%
  • Bandit 600/GSXF-600

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yamaha Diversion/XJ6

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • A different bike (post below)

Votes: 78 45.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
These have been growing on me quite a bit over the past few months. Might just have to be the next one in the stable :thumbup:

Honda CB1000R

CB1000R_35.jpg

Oblinox

Reaction score
Visit site
i will have to say its hard to beat the b-king for a naked bike upgrade for 8k theres not many left or made in the us so its really rare... but u cant buy any other bike in the us new for less then 8k with more features or hp.
and i am not saying this because i bought one but its really true!

PowellB

Reaction score
Visit site
After I added a ZX-6rr to the stable, my FZ6 was my tourer/commuter. Eventually replaced it with an 800GS.

I miss the FZ's top end power, but around town the torquey-twin makes life easy. It's a bit better off-road too :)

Getaway

Reaction score
Visit site
I like that Speed Triple, but I've noticed that I do a lot of two up riding, a lot more than I thought. But since I'm not ready to drop large coin on a Goldwing or Electraglide, I think it would be a Honda ST1300.

31255802-M.jpg

FZ6_Dude

FZ6 Corner Carver
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't think I will ever sell my FZ if for any reason it is ever damaged ill replace it with another... however I definately will own other motorcycles...

next on the list are these...

Z1000 for the twisties...

SV650 for the track bike...

and the FJR1300 for the two up mile eater...

Traf001

Reaction score
Visit site
I just test rode a Triumph Speed Triple. Oh, wow!!! It's like riding a saddled lion. I have no plans on replacing my FZ-6 but I may have to get a Speed Triple too.

DaveK

Reaction score
Visit site
I just upgraded to a 2003 R1. Had the Fazer for over 3 years and hardly took a pillion, so thought "bugger it" and moved to the R1. Will miss the fazer a lot but at my time in life just now, the R1 is the winner. I wont be single and 25 forever so needed to make the most of it. If I moved onto a BMW GS or FZ1 or something i would always be left wondering what it would be like to have an R1....they rock!

kpaul

The Great Destroyer
Reaction score
www.xbox.com
In the next couple of years I'd like to move up to a zx14. It's strong enough to handle my huge ass and a pillion and should still be a lot of fun in the twisties. It's obviously crazy powerful but it seems tame now compared to the superbikes that are pushing 200bhp these days. It's also ugly in a way that only its owner can love (unlike the busa, which is just ugly).

172.jpg

I've fallen in and out of love with a few bikes since I got the FZ6 but this is the one that's stuck. The can has to go but otherwise, I think it looks great.

I sat on one of these at the Seattle Motorcycle Show last year, it felt excellent, fitting my 6'4" frame just fine. I'm excited to get a test ride in on one of them sometime next year.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
In the next couple of years I'd like to move up to a zx14. It's strong enough to handle my huge ass and a pillion and should still be a lot of fun in the twisties. It's obviously crazy powerful but it seems tame now compared to the superbikes that are pushing 200bhp these days. It's also ugly in a way that only its owner can love (unlike the busa, which is just ugly).

172.jpg

I've fallen in and out of love with a few bikes since I got the FZ6 but this is the one that's stuck. The can has to go but otherwise, I think it looks great.

I sat on one of these at the Seattle Motorcycle Show last year, it felt excellent, fitting my 6'4" frame just fine. I'm excited to get a test ride in on one of them sometime next year.
I wish I was big enough to ride a proper big bike. I think it's crazy the newer ZZRs have traction control too. AWWWWWESOME! :rockon:

DavidG-757

Reaction score
Visit site
dang kpaul that is a sweet bike. the only decision i have come too as far as what bike i'd upgrade to is to have multiple bikes. the bmw adventure bikes have been my weakness for a while but other people are coming out with some very nice ones too i.e. yamaha. i rode a buell once and it was the 1st bike that scared me, it had some power. but i could roll on a ducati and be happy too.

Davey

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been thinking about this lots lately. My Fazer is starting to get a little tired, and I must say a little boring :spank: :ban: I've had her for 3 years now, and she was my first road bike after passing my test. I've got no regrets at all, she's been great at everything. When I manage to get some money together I'll be going for a KTM 990 SMT. Amazing allrounder which should keep my happy for a long time!