What would you have or what have you got?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you want to do offroad, I'd reccommend something vastly different than your Fz6, which the V-strom isn't.

I don't ride the FZ6 so the new 650 V-strom would be a great package for me economically as well as get me to off road spots I like to frequent. I'm not really interested in riding a dirt bike. It has improved engine performance over the SV650 engine they used to use. They now use the recammed, remapped Gladius engine. They say you can't turn off the ABS for trail but I can. It has better ground clearance and suspension. The Adventure package comes with ABS, boxes, engine guards and one of those Givi type tail mounts but no skid plate. The 650 was also redesigned for 2012 and looks great compared to the older stroms.

I wouldn't hesitate to take it out on trails to Split Mountain, Elephant Knees, the Wind Caves,and Sand Canyon. It would certainly perform better than my SV or the FZ6 on those trails. Cycle world averaged 45 MPG so that would defo be an increased tank range over my SV.

I agree there are adventure bikes rated better for off road use but I'm not that experienced in the dirt and have better road experience... :)

chucknorris

Reaction score
Visit site
Hope this attachment works,This is a view of what I ride!! I love the FZ6 for my own personal riding but I have a Goldwing for myself and the wife when we go on long adventures...and of course the dirt bikes are for play...

CdnMedic

Reaction score
Visit site
I race a YZ250F... It gets more use than the FZ6 actually.

On my short list:
DRZ400SM with a whole bunch of mods that would be needed... I don't own one because then I wouldn't also have a license lol.
Harley Sportster XR1200R. I'm not a cruiser guy, but I love that bike... But again, there are things I would need to change.

Thinking of picking up a YZ250 2 stroke for fun.

Winter I run a 2004 Skidoo REV MXZ800X with a whole bunch of go fast/suspension goodies.