What would you have or what have you got?

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
I am very curious as to what you guys have or want when it comes to a second bike. I have been toying around with the idea of a second bike. The only problem is the FZ6 is such an awesome do it all machine what second bike would you have or have you got to compleiment the FZ6.

Hit me

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
i had a cbr600rr as a track/sunday bike

i'm not sure what I'm getting next, but it will probably be a gsxr-600, cbr 600rr, or zx6r track bike

i'd like a ducati monster for the road, but i can't quite justify it yet, plus it would be a crime to fit a top box to it

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
Well i use FZ6 as everyday commute with top and so on. I have been debating keeping it and having somehting else on the side for fun maybe small trial bike, or another consideration was to maybe swap for a Triumph st 1050.

But was curious as to what second bikes people have to mix it up

TSRBrad

Reaction score
Visit site
I had this before I got my FZ6.... '08 Yamaha Morphous. I mainly use it to ride to work but the wife will also take it out on occasion.

I may upgrade to an FJR this year but I'll be keeping the scooter. We also have a Zuma tucked in the garage. It doesn't see much action though.

I've thought about possibly getting an off-road bike but I run into the same problem I have now... really no one to ride with. I'd hate to get stuck out in the woods alone. What I WOULD like to try is a trials bike. I don't want to spent the money on a new one that I'm just going to bash on rocks and trees and used ones are really hard to find.

IMG_0890.jpg

PurpleZJ

Reaction score
Visit site
I want a cruiser for my next/second bike. I really like the look of the suzuki boulevard m109r's, there is one on campus in a burgundy/deep red color and I love it.

Def

Reaction score
Visit site
There are soooo many excellent choices out there but I have yet to ride a bike that meets all my motorcycling desires. The last bike I rode that I really liked was a zx14 all set up for touring. But then I rode a Triumph 800 XC and I really liked it....see what I mean!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hard choice and my taste can vary but one of the bikes I feel might suit me would be the new Suzuki Vstrom 650 Adventure. They've done some great changes (2012 and later) to this bike from the look to engine and suspension. I like it for it's economy and it would be good for some of the off road trails I'd like to ride as well as a great long distance touring bike.

2%20-%202012VStrom650%20Adventure2.jpg

Suzuki-V-Strom-650-ABS-Adventure_005.jpg

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
I have an Fz1 now and love it over the Fz6. The Fz6 was a great bike and I'm sad I killed mine but it was a little too small for my size (6'4" 245lbs) and the vibrations were annoying from day 1. The Fz6 was not as comfy and the exhaust is just puny stock and the aftermarkets are twice as expensive as the Fz1. The Fz1 offers everything I ever wanted in a bike, the only 2 complaints is that the stock '09 seat is uncomfortable for me and gas mileage is between 27-33 mpg.

The other bikes I would consider are in the following order

Ducati Hyperstrada or Hypermotard, I sat on a Hypermotard the other day and was impressed at how comfy it was. The Hyperstrada is supposed to fit that gap between a straight hooligan machine and a nice dual sport. The fit and finish is superb. and their bar end mirrors are amazing. The seat height is ridiculous at 35" even for my 34" inseam.

View attachment 46284

Triumph Tiger
I've always liked the looks of those for an adventure bike over the BMW. I live near a bunch of dirt roads and trails. My buddy has a G650GS and always want's to hit the dirt.
View attachment 46285

Finally

An Aprilia V4 R. I've never have had the good luck to see one in person but when I was researching the Fz's and naked/streetfighter bikes kept coming up high in reviews I was reading and it pretty sexy. The irony is the box they used to put over my Fz6 when it got to me was a Tuono box

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt1H4heYD50]2012 Literbike Streetfighter Shootout - YouTube[/ame]

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
The only other bike I would consider to just do for commuting around town would be the Honda NC700

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiLXTC8DzbA&feature=endscreen&NR=1]2012 Honda NC700X Review - Big fun at a small price - YouTube[/ame]

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
IMG_2864.jpg

I have put over 8,000 miles on this bad boy 990 since I bought it last April. I believe it is the most FUN bike I have ever owned.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I had a KLR 650 for a bit an it was a great 2nd bike! Pretty much everything the fz6 isn't, underpowered, heavy, tall, slow, big wheels, so in other words a "decent" dual sport lol I did have lots of fun on it, it's not really great at anything but can do everything just like the fz6 but of the enduro world.
equnujus.jpg
jebybubu.jpg

It literally knocked my boots off!
a3a4ybuh.jpg

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The only thing I can't do on my FZ-6 is stay on it for 500 miles a day, my 37" inseam just cramps up too much.
My second bike will be a tourer with a lot more legroom. In the running:
BMW 1200GS
Yamaha Tenere or FJR
Suzuki V-Strom 1000
Triumph Tiger
I'm in no rush, but retirement is getting closer and its fun to window-shop... :thumbup:

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
The only thing I can't do on my FZ-6 is stay on it for 500 miles a day, my 37" inseam just cramps up too much.
My second bike will be a tourer with a lot more legroom. In the running:
BMW 1200GS
Yamaha Tenere or FJR
Suzuki V-Strom 1000
Triumph Tiger
I'm in no rush, but retirement is getting closer and its fun to window-shop... :thumbup:

37" inseam, is your secret identity Sean Bradley?

Karate.Snoopy

Reaction score
Visit site
I have wanted a Street Triple for a while, but 2 bikes would make for a pretty unhappy wifey. I am not done with my FIzzza yet oh may be 2014 I will pull the trigger.
I am dreaming of having my wife take the MSF then I can have both the Fiz and the S3

SteveH41

Reaction score
Visit site
I have wanted a Street Triple for a while, but 2 bikes would make for a pretty unhappy wifey. I am not done with my FIzzza yet oh may be 2014 I will pull the trigger.
I am dreaming of having my wife take the MSF then I can have both the Fiz and the S3

I would like a CBR 600 RR, GSXR or a ZX6R but for now the FZ6 will be more than enough.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
My 250 is a great Cheap 2nd bike to go with my FZ6. Big on fun, and cheap on fuel and very low money to run.:thumbup:

Ant1

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought my FZ6 so i didn't have to use this as a daily ride.

44436_10150258106370363_4809241_n.jpg

Love my Bonnie, a great all-rounder and head turner.

284182_10152164683255363_1419857072_n.jpg

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
my next ride will be a supermoto/mx bike. i plan on having 2 setups for this bike:

2 sets of forks with different spring rates for street & dirt as well as a fully adjustable shock
regular MX wheels as well as some 17s for the street

it will be a WR450F, an older RFS KTM 450-5xx, or a Husqvarna TE450-510, and if all else fails a CRF450X