What Tyre?

FZ6AH

08 Yamaha fz6 s2 Newbie!
Reaction score
Visit site
Need to replace my rear tyre and caught in two minds as to whether to go for a Dunlop Sportmax Road-Smart to match the front or whether to purcahse a Dunlop Sportmax Sport-Smart given the bike will be used for for pleasure riding on the weekend and the odd track day

Any hints/pointers appreciated

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Given there is about 50 million tyre threads already a quick use of the search button will answer all you questions :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Not being rude , it's just that they are over done & EVERYBODY'S opinion is different :D :D :D

But you asked so I shall tell you.............. Metzeler Z8's are the way to go ;) ;)

FZ6AH

08 Yamaha fz6 s2 Newbie!
Reaction score
Visit site
Given there is about 50 million tyre threads already a quick use of the search button will answer all you questions :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Not being rude , it's just that they are over done & EVERYBODY'S opinion is different :D :D :D

But you asked so I shall tell you.............. Metzeler Z8's are the way to go ;) ;)

Thanks for the info

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Being as how you are from a part of the world where a tire is a tyre, that means it rains a lot and can be somewhat cool. :)

Therefore you need the Michelin Pilot Road 3 or Pilot Road 4. Great in the rain, cold, rain and cold and still very good when it get hot.

Pagey

Tiger Boy
Reaction score
Visit site
I find and this is just my opinion that the Bridgestone Battlax BT023 cope on UK roads really well.

They are dual compound so hard in the middle and soft on the edges for twisties.

:Sport:

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
I find and this is just my opinion that the Bridgestone Battlax BT023 cope on UK roads really well.

They are dual compound so hard in the middle and soft on the edges for twisties.

THIS

even when pushed super hard to the edges the hold very well. i have not used on track but have used on UK tarmac to the bikes limit and still held strong

LeeFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I run CONTINENTAL SPORT TOURING RADIAL, and satisfied with it. Good grips and last longer.

FZ6AH

08 Yamaha fz6 s2 Newbie!
Reaction score
Visit site

Thanks - how do they compare to the Dunlop Sportmax Road-Smart and is it recommended to match tyres?